x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ActiveSync Question

paN1k Page Icon Posted 2022-05-19 7:57 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I had a really difficult time getting ActiveSync going on my Jornada and NEC 900. The Jornada did not even use USB sync until I installed ActiveSync 4.5.

The problem is I need to keep unplugging and replugging the USB cable over and over until Windows finally decides to ‘see’ the device. Usually when I’m in the Get Connected window. Anyone else have this issue? I’m also running ActiveSync in a VirtualBox WinXP session. I’m glad though I got USB sync finally working on the Jornada, it was unbearably slow on serial @56k!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-05-19 8:02 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Could be a bad cable, an issue in the cradle or the VM passthrough. Does the host PC reliably see it even if you cannot install a driver for it?
 Top of the page
paN1k Page Icon Posted 2022-05-19 9:04 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Both the NEC and the HP have the same problem. The serial cable did the same thing, just took longer to time out.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-05-19 10:08 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

That doesn't discount that it's the VM passthrough at fault. What does it do on real hardware?
 Top of the page
paN1k Page Icon Posted 2022-05-19 10:12 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

No idea really. I have a Mac which runs my XP VM. Oddly enough I never have issues with My Psion 5MX when using the same USB->Serial adapter. I setup USB filters for the NEC (which always shows up) and the Jornada cradle is only active as a USB device when trying to sync. I found a tip in the forum here about going to the 'Get Connected' screen and that has helped somewhat.

I'm just happy I got USB to work somewhat. I was able to sync my Outlook contacts with the NEC and Jornada and install apps.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9