x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Experiences with H/PCs--Good Or Bad

1 2 3
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-08-09 4:46 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

We H/PC users must have had good and bad experiences with our Handheld PCs. This is your chance to tell everyone!

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-08-09 2:04 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

! The idea !

I vote we rename this thread "Experiences with H/PCs--Good Or Bad Fantastic"

All good here
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-08-09 2:07 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Chris,
That's Fine!
Joseph
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-08-09 2:23 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

tehe, I'm just kidding.

I can't think of any good anecdotes right now.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-08-09 2:27 PM
#
H/PC Elder

None (really) bad so far ... except for the dim DSTN LCD ...
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-08-09 2:57 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Hi,
One time I was playing around with the password on my compaq 2010c. I was pressing enter a few times and then the computer locked itself with funky unlock code. I was so sad . Then I found an Unlock app and now it works fine. Slow But fine!
Joseph
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-08-09 3:20 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Well, I had a fabulous experience yesterday, and it was with linux. Matrixcore showed me the mistake I made, and it actually ran this time. Then I got to the logon prompt. Strings of curses exploded to my head. I forgot to make accounts! I could not even log in, and it was late, and my pc was off, and I would have to wait for tomorrow. I was like hmm, maybe I can log in as single user- ARRRGGHHH! THAT WILL NOT WORK! ARGH! BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY ARGH!

Hehe.

Then nickcharlton signed onto messenger, and I thought my pc was off, so that sound sent me jumping into the air... but then I went on my computer, kind of fixed the log on, restarted linux, and has root access. But user accounts didn't work. Isn't it hilarious when you type in the username and it says: login incorrect - before you can enter the password?! If anyone knows what I did wrong to cause the user passwords to expire...or cause SOMETHING to expire...PM me...

EDIT: Oh, the locking up of the C series was absolutely killer. After that I learned to never give my brother the last-chance unlock question instead of the real password.

Edited by ProgramSynthesiser 2005-08-09 3:26 PM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-08-09 4:10 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

sorry, i cannot help you. never used linux.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-08-09 4:22 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

another time i had reports to do and i was typing on my h/pc. i had this car adpater for a dvd player and used it with h/pc and the adapter has a warning that you cannot use it to rechargethe battery. so, I disconnected the battery and my data was erased!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-08-09 4:26 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

also, for about 3 years i had misplaced the original ac adpater for my h/pc. big bummer . but i used the cd player one and it works fine!
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2005-08-09 5:27 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

My experience.....
well, being an EX-Pocket Piddle PC user, I can say that my experience with my MIPS device is brilliant. Worked out how to network it to the net which was painless, played MP3 which was fine, just had to search for the sodding software and err..... the keyboard is ******** brilliant! (sorry for the potty mouth, but the keyboard really is a pleasure to type on!). It fits into any computer bag I give it, it needs little space and no virus attacks can damage the core system. Also, I love the power brick! Nice, small and pocketable!

My dissapointments is the lack of usb support (ah well), lack of upgrades (GRRR), and the damm keys! They are always in the wrong sodding place for a UK keyboard!
And the fact that it isn't a sodding ARM machine either or pocketable!
Then added to the fact that the SODDING AUDIO JACK JUST HAD TO BE DIFFERENT!

(note to self, replace on the surface with a 3.5mm jack, instead of the 2.5mm jack)
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2005-08-09 5:28 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Double post.... Must appogise

Edited by Wessex_nut 2005-08-09 5:33 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-09 5:31 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ahem. good topic
a bad experience: i bought a bluetooth card for my j720 right after i got it, i couldn't wait for more than a few days the card was advertised as compatible with wince 3.0 *and* ppc2002/2002/2003. so i thought it would work.. but noooo.. i was very frustrated and what's more i had to wait for two (!!) months before i got my socket bluetooth... i should have known what wince 3.0 means! (i thought and still think i knew it correctly, just the card manufacturer didn't)
and then.. after that i found a way to hack the driver for the first bluetooth card! so i have now two working cards!

good experiences: A LOT!!!

Edited by cmonex 2005-08-09 5:34 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-09 5:34 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Wessex_nut - 2005-08-09 11:27 PM

My experience.....
well, being an EX-Pocket Piddle PC user, I can say that my experience with my MIPS device is brilliant. Worked out how to network it to the net which was painless, played MP3 which was fine, just had to search for the sodding software and err..... the keyboard is ******** brilliant! (sorry for the potty mouth, but the keyboard really is a pleasure to type on!). It fits into any computer bag I give it, it needs little space and no virus attacks can damage the core system. Also, I love the power brick! Nice, small and pocketable!

My dissapointments is the lack of usb support (ah well), lack of upgrades (GRRR), and the damm keys! They are always in the wrong sodding place for a UK keyboard!
And the fact that it isn't a sodding ARM machine either or pocketable!
Then added to the fact that the SODDING AUDIO JACK JUST HAD TO BE DIFFERENT!

(note to self, replace on the surface with a 3.5mm jack, instead of the 2.5mm jack)

you should get a jornada 720... i see you've already arranged that, haven't you?
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2005-08-09 7:14 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2005-08-09 10:31 PM

ahem. good topic
a bad experience: i bought a bluetooth card for my j720 right after i got it, i couldn't wait for more than a few days the card was advertised as compatible with wince 3.0 *and* ppc2002/2002/2003. so i thought it would work.. but noooo..

Which card was that? I had a simliar experience with my TDK card, I tried it in my handheld, but there was no drivers for it!
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9