x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Windows 2000 abnormal behavior

« Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next »
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-10-16 8:10 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You are decoding 44/48kHz mp3 without any MPEG offloading support on a single core CPU with limited L2 cache. The CPU doesn't even have MMX (not that this helps with mp3). As I said to you way back in a different thread, to play MPEG2 you needed a PII 300MHz then you cannot software decode MPEG 2 and need a hardware decoder. While MP3 isn't as heavy, it is still heavy by P1 standards.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-10-16 8:29 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2022-10-16 8:10 PM

You are decoding 44/48kHz mp3 without any MPEG offloading support on a single core CPU with limited L2 cache. The CPU doesn't even have MMX (not that this helps with mp3). As I said to you way back in a different thread, to play MPEG2 you needed a PII 300MHz then you cannot software decode MPEG 2 and need a hardware decoder. While MP3 isn't as heavy, it is still heavy by P1 standards.

but before I installed the Wifi card this problem did not exist. Please note that I have always heard mp3 songs on windows 95 without any problems.
So in this case, I don't think the problem is as you say, otherwise the problem should have happened in the past too, but it isn't.
I can make you a video and show you that the problem without wifi card does not occur.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-10-16 10:05 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Here it is, Wifi card not installed and internet services disabled.
In device manager, I show that the Wifi card is not installed.
There was just a moment of the audio problem, but then, it never showed up again.
Now if it was the processor, how come I listen to music, start programs and do other things, but the audio is not blocking?
It would be interesting to understand why the Wifi card and perhaps the services connected to it cause the problem with the audio.
I don't understand, they are two different things, but do they influence each other?
Look at the startup speed of the programs!
https://youtu.be/lyc0s7hSL4k

Edited by NarakuITA 2022-10-16 10:11 PM
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-10-17 1:22 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

You talked about MPEG offloading support, I have no idea exactly what you are talking about, but the IBM 330 can play MPEG video, not MPEG 2 but MPEG can. With the old 100Mhz processor I have always played MPEG videos without any problems. This is the only format that my PC supports without any problems.
I however was not aware of this video card (hardware decoder).
If I knew it before I could get it instead of buying the Matrox G450. Creative CT7230
I could have played DVD videos, as stated by this review.

Edited by NarakuITA 2022-10-17 1:38 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-10-17 6:56 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-10-17 10:33 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

It worked. A thousand thanks. The update was successful. I don't know how you manage to find these updates, as much as I tried, I couldn't find this one!

Now that this is solved.
Have you seen the last video?
I am straining to understand the connection between audio and Wifi card, end the problem that arises.

Edited by NarakuITA 2022-10-17 10:35 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-10-17 12:45 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You're expecting too much of it, you have interrupts, I/O overhead, the scheduler plus decoding with limited horse power, limited CPU cache and no offloading available.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-10-17 1:56 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I solved the problem! I keep the Wifi card disconnected and problem solved! I only connect it when I need it! Obviously I will not be able to listen to Music, but I know so much that I will never use the internet.
At this point I wonder, do you know a lightweight browser that allows me to browse?

Curiosity, just curiosity.
Can I replace the Matrox G450 with the Creative CT7230, so I can play the DVD? This hardware decoder should be used for this, or should it be combined with a video card?

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-10-17 3:13 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Web browsing: don't. It doesn't support modern SSL or ECMA. If you install hacks you might get FireFox/Pale Moon 4#.# installed or marginally newer Opera.

But it won't support modern encryption or web technology.

No idea. The CPU may not even be up to it even with a offload card. I've never tried.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-10-17 10:10 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Thank you! Now I'll take a look at the video. As for the hardware decoder, I found this discussion, which states that with these devices it is possible to watch DVD without problems even on a Pentium, minimum at 133Mhz.
However I did not understand if it is paired with the video card, or not.
https://forum.vcfed.org/index.php?threads/creative-ct7240-what-it-is-and-what-its-for-demystified.22984/

EDIT:
Well, it works! I'm updating Windows!
But I had to follow a different video. What you sent me is obsolete. There is a new procedure.

Edited by NarakuITA 2022-10-18 1:00 AM
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-10-18 9:33 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Well, I went all the way to installing the extended kernel. But I cannot install it, as I get an error message, that the version cannot be installed on a system with a different language. I think they have never done an extended kernel in Italian ... I'm screwed ....
I'll keep looking, maybe I'll find something.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-10-20 12:51 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I solved with this:
http://kmeleonbrowser.org/forum/read.php?22,151512
Now I navigate discreetly. But for what I have to do that's fine!
One last thing, do you know a free e-mail service, which can be used with Outlook 97 or Outlook express 6?
If there aren't any, a program that allows me to use my current emails without any problems?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-10-20 5:30 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Nope, no clue of any free unencrypted IMAP services.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2022-10-20 6:20 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2022-10-20 5:30 PM

Nope, no clue of any free unencrypted IMAP services.

Too bad ... One question, avoiding the upgrade to MP9 as it is too heavy, I noticed that with the MP6.4 some MP3 songs are not played. An error appears:
ClassFactory cannot provide the requested class (Error = 80040111)
This error only appears on some tracks. I don't understand, on Windows 10 there are no problems.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-10-20 6:22 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It means that it doesn't have the correct codec installed I believe.
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8