x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 680e and CF Card Holder

donc13
donc13 Page Icon Posted 2005-08-09 5:05 PM
#
Ok, here's the question. I have what was a Dutch Railroad 680e but I've modified it (replaced the case, added the audio buttons) and made it a 680 (without the modem...don't need it).

Ok, works great. I've got a 256M CF card in the bottom and a Wireless card in the PCMCIA slot. Both work fine.

So what's the problem...just a minor cosmetic problem. I wasn't sure how the 4 "hold down" springs worked against the CF card holder. So I simply opened the CF card holder when I put the case back on and set it so the 4 springs sit on the metal plate. Sort of works ok, but looking at it...you can see the springs are really NOT sitting the way they should be. When you install the PCMCIA card, you can see the springs are sitting a bit sideways. I'm sure that although this works ok, there is a better way.

So ... that the question, does anyone know the official way to install the CF Card holder (NOT the card itself..the card holder!)
and properly set the springs?

Thanks in advance,
Don

Edited by donc13 2005-08-09 5:07 PM
 Top of the page
Jabbad Page Icon Posted 2005-10-27 12:24 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

HI i have the same 680 and a few Questions to you..

What WiFi and CF card you have put in?
Where did you get the Drivers?
Is there a VPN client for ce2.11?

Could you pls post some helpfull links here?

Thx
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-10-27 12:41 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Jabbad,

It pays to look around the site that you're posting on and do a little research.
There is an entire Hardware Compatiblity List complete with drivers 2 mouse clicks from here.
 Top of the page
donc13
donc13 Page Icon Posted 2005-10-31 3:39 PM
#
I used a Compaq WL110 card, drivers came with the card but should be available lots of places. From what I understand...pretty much any PCMCIA card (16 bit) should work. CardBus cards (32 bit) won't.

As to the CF card...I've used several, right now, I've got a Viking 512M card in there, but have used an IBM (now Hitachi) MicroDrive 1GB hard drive and also used Toshiba CF cards. No driver needed, they work as-is.

Don
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-31 7:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

donc13 - 2005-10-31 9:39 PM

From what I understand...pretty much any PCMCIA card (16 bit) should work.

erm well.. no.
many of them will, many others won't
 Top of the page
Jabbad Page Icon Posted 2005-11-02 11:59 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I haven´t found any working drivers for my Cisco Aironet 350.
The links on this forum link me to drivers which either don´t support A350 or the Sites/ftp servers are locked.
The same game with VPN Clients, none of the cisco vpn is working (can´t install it) on my device.

Do you have any ideas? Maybe another WLan card?

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-11-02 12:08 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Ya think that www.cisco.com would be a good idea may be to source cisco drivers?

Considering that cisco's eula doesn't allow for redist of the binaries, it isn't surprising
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9