x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

New nPOPuk Release + OpenSSL / CE Testers Needed!

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Next »
soju Page Icon Posted 2022-12-19 1:47 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Please check this one on ARMv4 devices? libcrypto-1_1.dll and libssl-1_1.dll will use "coredl2.dll" instead of system installed coredll.dll.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6v176wtlycaj520/AAAaZTjvArttIS7s4f9Q_i-2a?dl=0
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-12-19 5:58 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Here's my results (in future I'll analyze all versions for you, that way you know why it doesn't open for me)

Unchanged, but I ran it inside "Exectutability Check" program
 Top of the page
DutchComputerKid Page Icon Posted 2022-12-19 8:15 PM
#
Avatar image of DutchComputerKid
Factorite (Junior)

Hellooo, I tested using one of those childrens netbook using CE 6.0. (Those Sylvania things and other brands)

So, all of ARMv4_001.zip, 002 and 006 would not work. 006 did not open at all in fact.
001 and 002 came up with "Initialization failure of npopssl.dll" with no further information.

But 005 works almost perfectly!
Mail provider tested was/is mailbox.org, and no futher mess was needed minus turning off certificate checks to recieve the whole inbox. Sweet!
However, sending resulted in "Client host rejected: access denied". (SMTP Error 554: 5.7.1). Oh well.

Personally this subnotebook has no battery so it wont kill itself.
If this all succeeded I'd love to see a build for Windows Mobile 6 Classic.
The programs do launch on that WM device, but no buttons show up at all for actually controlling nPOPuk.

In any case, this is awesome to see alive again!
 Top of the page
soju Page Icon Posted 2022-12-19 11:07 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Thank you for very helpful informations.

To enable certificate check, you may need to place CA certificates file named "ca.pem" in the same folder of nPOPuk.exe. CA certificates is available on https://curl.se/ca/cacert.pem
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-12-19 11:20 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

soju - 2022-12-19 4:07 PM

Of course! Thank you for helping us!

DutchComputerKid - 2022-12-19 1:15 PM.
Personally this subnotebook has no battery so it wont kill itself.
If this all succeeded I'd love to see a build for Windows Mobile 6 Classic.

So soju (along with C:Amie & watamario15) have been helping us test OpenSSL (component needed for nPOPuk to function with SSL)
So if this is successful, I’m sure gjcoram (the username of the developer of nPOPuk) theoretically could release a WM6 version. Obviously I can’t promise anything for anyone else. I just mean historically.
Because 3.04 supported WM6 as per https://npopuk.org.uk/3.04/downloads.html
Thanks for your help testing by the way!
 Top of the page
watamario15 Page Icon Posted 2022-12-20 2:46 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

torch - 2022-12-20 1:58 AM

Here's my results (in future I'll analyze all versions for you, that way you know why it doesn't open for me)

Unchanged, but I ran it inside "Exectutability Check" program

Well, I realized that you are using a CE 4.2 device for this testing, and as I investigated here, the DLLs are set to launch on CE 5.0 or later. This is why it doesn't open for you. So you must rebuild these DLLs by a CE 4.2 or earlier SDK to make it work on your device.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-12-20 3:45 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

watamario15 - 2022-12-20 7:46 AM
Well, I realized that you are using a CE 4.2 device for this testing, and as I investigated here, the DLLs are set to launch on CE 5.0 or later. This is why it doesn't open for you. So you must rebuild these DLLs by a CE 4.2 or earlier SDK to make it work on your device.

I understand, thank you for doing your investigation. I should have been scanning the exes earlier so soju knows exactly why it doesn’t work. So it’s my fault for not doing so previously.
Anyway: soju, I have the 4.2 SDKs installed, let me know and maybe I can help compile those dlls for you (not sure how different eVC 4.0 is than what you’re using but I’m willing to try what I can to help). If there’s a source file you want me to try and I can try and compile.
 Top of the page
DutchComputerKid Page Icon Posted 2022-12-20 8:18 PM
#
Avatar image of DutchComputerKid
Factorite (Junior)

soju - 2022-12-19 11:07 PM

To enable certificate check, you may need to place CA certificates file named "ca.pem" in the same folder of nPOPuk.exe. CA certificates is available on https://curl.se/ca/cacert.pem

Tried again with zip 005, but to no avail. Also tried checking the certificates mailbox is using to the curl.se file, which did not seem to be in there but that did not fix it either.
"unable to get local issuer cerficate (20)".
Not a huge deal for now I'd say.

So soju (along with C:Amie & watamario15) have been helping us test OpenSSL (component needed for nPOPuk to function with SSL)
So if this is successful, I’m sure gjcoram (the username of the developer of nPOPuk) theoretically could release a WM6 version. Obviously I can’t promise anything for anyone else. I just mean historically.
Because 3.04 supported WM6 as per https://npopuk.org.uk/3.04/downloads.html
Thanks for your help testing by the way!

Happy to help! The subnotebook works fine, just cant be taken on the road. If any other test builds pop up I'll try them out
 Top of the page
soju Page Icon Posted 2022-12-21 1:43 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I had really been sticking to use earlier SDK. Will try 4.2 SDKs.
 Top of the page
soju Page Icon Posted 2022-12-22 11:50 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Please check this. Bundled OpenSSL dlls are built for WinCE 4.20.
ARMv4_007: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y3g01w9ux874ljw/AADa4tH7rzugibRJRnFGpOKEa?dl=0
Note: This is only for test purpose.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-12-23 4:41 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Upon executing it:
Cannot find 'NPOPUK' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available"

Then ran it in "Executability Check"
nPopUK.exe doesn't match cpu type. libcrypto can't be loaded. libcryptoor its linked file are invalid. libssl cant be loaded. libssl or its linked file are invalid

So I have an idea--what are your options for compiling for ARMV4 on CE 4.2? Can you try compiling for ARMV4i perhaps? or compile for all of the armv4 options and we can see what works? It sounds like we're getting closer
 Top of the page
watamario15 Page Icon Posted 2022-12-23 1:25 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

torch - 2022-12-23 12:41 PM

Upon executing it:
Cannot find 'NPOPUK' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available"

Then ran it in "Executability Check"
nPopUK.exe doesn't match cpu type. libcrypto can't be loaded. libcryptoor its linked file are invalid. libssl cant be loaded. libssl or its linked file are invalid

So I have an idea--what are your options for compiling for ARMV4 on CE 4.2? Can you try compiling for ARMV4i perhaps? or compile for all of the armv4 options and we can see what works? It sounds like we're getting closer

I think he is compiling for Armv4i or Armv4t as these PE files say the machine architecture is Arm with Thumb instructions (0x01C2). So try plain Armv4 instead? Or I more think running it inside of TroNik's Run.exe will tell more details about why these DLLs are "invalid" for your device, as SHARP Brain can run ARMv4_007 even without the coredll hack.

fyi: I usually use Dependencies (PE dependency analysis, works on Windows PC), PEInfo (detailed PE analysis but slow, works on Windows CE), and Tronik's Run.exe (reports detailed problems, works on Arm version Windows CE) to analyze CE apps that don't run. (Executability Check throws an Arm "Prefetch Abort" exception on SHARP Brain and crashes the entire system.)

Edited by watamario15 2022-12-23 1:27 PM
 Top of the page
soju Page Icon Posted 2022-12-23 1:33 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Since error said "nPopUK.exe doesn't match cpu type." for ARMv4_007, I added "/QRarch4" compile flag for wcecompat and OpenSSL this time .
ARMv4_008: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p4m15gz6kqfyd9r/AAAi5ya3j97Ll0Yxr0uFozIAa?dl=0

> Can you try compiling for ARMV4i perhaps? or compile for all of the armv4 options and we can see what works?
I know what you meant. There are too many to check all of their combinations. We may even have not find yet what we have to set.
 Top of the page
soju Page Icon Posted 2022-12-23 1:40 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

> I think he is compiling for Armv4i or Armv4t as these PE files say the machine architecture is Arm with Thumb instructions (0x01C2).

Yeah, I had build OpenSSL with "/machine:THUMB", because I couldn't built with /machine:ARM before. That can be a cause.
However ARMv4_002, that runs on torch's device, also has the same machine type $01C2.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h0jmroqdqynycev/AAC5BYuRuVTzqGRJOYNZntxRa?dl=0

Edited by soju 2022-12-23 2:24 PM
 Top of the page
soju Page Icon Posted 2022-12-23 1:50 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

> as SHARP Brain can run ARMv4_007 even without the coredll hack.
ARMv4_007 removes or comments out the use of CryptAcquireContextW, CryptReleaseContext, CryptGenRandom, and GetSystemTimeAsFileTime to make the problem simple. This may make security vulnerabilities.That why I noted as "only for test purpose".
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 11