x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Compilepalooza!

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next »
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2022-12-05 3:43 PM
#
Avatar image of I dunk for bananas
H/PC Elite

Was it possible to create an x86 build of Kawara?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-12-05 3:46 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

No, it gave me errors but I'll do my best to compile x86 when I can.
Also, I tried again at pUNZIP with an older 5.x source that I found, but I still couldn't compile with eVC. Perhaps I should use Visual Basic for it(Making a mental note to try it when I get the other progs configured)

What happens is (for Kawara for example)
it'll list out CPU arches that are already in the program's make file (like MIPS, etc), but if it's not in the drop down menu to build, I have to go back into configuration, and "add" it and copy the settings from another arch. But the problem with that is I'm never successful with getting it built. it'll throw errors at me
Clearly it's possible, because TFGBD was able to at one point compile progs for x86.. (including some with the errors at build for x86 I ran into)
I need to learn more about how to use this clearly

Edit:
Added SH3/SH4 builds for
https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/1362/Urano_Fujio/details.asp?page=details&result=0

Added SH3/SH4/MIPS/ARM builds for
https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/1854/Christian_S_Andersen/PocketWine

Compiled GAPI translate gx.dll for x86
https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/1855/Unknown_or_not_specified/GapiEmu

Also
I was doing some digging and found Microsoft still hosts the .iso for the VS 2008 trial
https://developer.toradex.com/windows-ce/knowledge-base/visual-studio-2008/
and it has links for you

Also CE SDK info:
https://developer.toradex.com/windows-ce/knowledge-base/windows-embedded-compact-sdk/

I dunk for bananas - 2022-12-04 6:52 AM

I wish compiling 7zip for x86 and MIPS were a possibility, but it requires a version of Visual Studio that I don't have, and it seems to be a very convoluted process sadly

I have VS 2008 installed, and all correct SDKs....
7zip looks like a NIGHTMARE to try and compile.... ughhhh
I'm not complaining about you - it's a literal mess to deal with. Instructions are so confusing

I even got a hold of someone who compiled 7zip x86 and he didn’t remember how he did it but said it was a pain to get working (to be fair I messaged him 9 years later) lol

Edited by torch 2022-12-06 6:58 AM
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2022-12-06 10:23 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Kawara beta for Windows CE 2.0 worked on my Windows CE 2.11 (Handheld PC Pro) Sigmarion 1.

Here are some screenshots.
I didn't test with an actual server though. (connecting to it)

-stingraze

Edited by stingraze 2022-12-06 10:25 AM

(kawara-1.jpg)

(kawara-3.jpg)

(kawara-4.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments kawara-1.jpg (52KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments kawara-3.jpg (50KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments kawara-4.jpg (51KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2022-12-06 1:41 PM
#
H/PC Elite

torch - 2022-12-05 3:46 PM

I have VS 2008 installed, and all correct SDKs....
7zip looks like a NIGHTMARE to try and compile.... ughhhh
I'm not complaining about you - it's a literal mess to deal with. Instructions are so confusing

I even got a hold of someone who compiled 7zip x86 and he didn’t remember how he did it but said it was a pain to get working (to be fair I messaged him 9 years later) lol

Yeah.. it's very strange. Were you following that one thread you linked me a while ago? The thread where the 7zip dev suggests a change that leads to the user being able to compile it
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-12-09 10:05 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Thank you for testing it for us, I’ll add screenshots soon, stingraze.
Yeah I was following it but it seemed too confusing for me to deal with. I’ll try again soon
Also. I want to try to see if those Korean MIPS ce 5.0 programs with the source code can be ported to x86
https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.naver?blogId=copjoker&logNo=120042076392&proxyReferer=

I’m especially interested in getting a newer ScummVM release for us. But I’ll run through to see what else I can do

I’ve been playing with the source code for everything that said “open source “ in the SCL to try and get more x86 but I haven’t been successful.

So if you have something else that you can think of for me to try and have a go at (different program you’ve been wanting compiled perhaps?), let me know
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2022-12-09 12:42 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I've mostly been hoping we can get the GAPI .dll without the strange wrong resolution to work somehow that would also allow us to run all other x86 GAPI programs
I wonder just how trivial it would be to enter a new resolution for it to operate at
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-12-09 1:22 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The only way to compile gx.dll is to have the source. As far as I am aware that will require platform builder 3 and the Pocket PC OEM tools. I'm not sure whether Frank at WinCESoft.de got hold of the source or whether he stubbed it using the header as a reference.
As I've never been able to get hold of a copy of CE 3's source code - it was released but was only up for a very short time - and I doubt that GX was included in the core, you'd need the PPC extensions.

Frank would be the best person to know.

GX's header:
struct GXDisplayProperties { DWORD cxWidth; DWORD cyHeight; // notice lack of 'th' in the word height. long cbxPitch; // number of bytes to move right one x pixel - can be negative. long cbyPitch; // number of bytes to move down one y pixel - can be negative. long cBPP; // # of bits in each pixel DWORD ffFormat; // format flags. }; struct GXKeyList { short vkUp; // key for up POINT ptUp; // x,y position of key/button. Not on screen but in screen coordinates. short vkDown; POINT ptDown; short vkLeft; POINT ptLeft; short vkRight; POINT ptRight; short vkA; POINT ptA; short vkB; POINT ptB; short vkC; POINT ptC; short vkStart; POINT ptStart; }; struct GXScreenRect { DWORD dwTop; DWORD dwLeft; DWORD dwWidth; DWORD dwHeight; }; GXDLL_API int GXOpenDisplay(HWND hWnd, DWORD dwFlags); GXDLL_API int GXCloseDisplay(); GXDLL_API void * GXBeginDraw(); GXDLL_API int GXEndDraw(); GXDLL_API int GXOpenInput(); GXDLL_API int GXCloseInput(); GXDLL_API GXDisplayProperties GXGetDisplayProperties(); GXDLL_API GXKeyList GXGetDefaultKeys(int iOptions); GXDLL_API int GXSuspend(); GXDLL_API int GXResume(); GXDLL_API int GXSetViewport( DWORD dwTop, DWORD dwHeight, DWORD dwReserved1, DWORD dwReserved2 ); GXDLL_API BOOL GXIsDisplayDRAMBuffer(); // Although these flags can be unrelated they still // have unique values. #define GX_FULLSCREEN 0x01 // for OpenDisplay() #define GX_NORMALKEYS 0x02 #define GX_LANDSCAPEKEYS 0x03 #ifndef kfLandscape #define kfLandscape 0x8 // Screen is rotated 270 degrees #define kfPalette 0x10 // Pixel values are indexes into a palette #define kfDirect 0x20 // Pixel values contain actual level information #define kfDirect555 0x40 // 5 bits each for red, green and blue values in a pixel. #define kfDirect565 0x80 // 5 red bits, 6 green bits and 5 blue bits per pixel #define kfDirect888 0x100 // 8 bits each for red, green and blue values in a pixel. #define kfDirect444 0x200 // 4 red, 4 green, 4 blue #define kfDirectInverted 0x400 #endif

That is its header.
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2022-12-09 1:32 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Doesn't torch already have the source code to the gx.dll we're using? As I've understood it it's not a standard Windows DLL, it just translates GAPI calls to GDI
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-12-09 2:03 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I dunk for bananas - 2022-12-09 1:32 PM
As I've understood it it's not a standard Windows DLL, it just translates GAPI calls to GDI

Correct.

It was added as an extension for PPC 2000 and Microsoft left off at version 1.2 before introducing wider DirectDraw support.

There is presumably a reason why WinCeSoft never released for anything other than ARM though and it would be better to start with a patched version over some retrograde release.
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2022-12-09 2:21 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I was referring to this, I don't think this is the same thing as you're mentioning, is it?
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2022-12-09 2:42 PM
#
H/PC Elite

What if we just edited that resolution value to 720x576 and tried compiling that? Worth a try I'd say @torch

(Untitled.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Untitled.jpg (58KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-12-09 3:43 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

No, that's a evaluated lookup. You need to add a new evaluation that will lead to the detection of the device type that defines HVGA, VGA, SVGA and in your case PAL.

The question is: where is the code to define the device type. Is it a UI element or is it automatically deduced by the kernel?

Sadly there is nothing to say that the app's UI coding can cope with that though.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-12-09 5:28 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

C:Amie: FYI, I'll delete this dll file to not clog out the binaries in a week

I modified the dll and compiled as CE5.0x86 in EVC 4 (with res requested)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2022-12-09 5:49 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Okay, I see, I've looked at the source now.

It's a load of junk in the header, they're not actually attempting to ascertain the device properties. I assumed that they were querying configuration parameters and storing the device properties somewhere - I thought it was odd that they were using a pre-compiler directive to do that.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-12-09 6:03 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I found the actual source file(not embedded within another project), and cleaned up the SCL listing for it.
https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/1855/Unknown_or_not_specified/GAPI_Emulator/version_0.95

Also, can you add this developer information?
Author : Thierry Tremblay
Web site: http://frogengine.net-connect.net/index.html
+website as "not available, so force WBM"

This was the original website for it
https://web.archive.org/web/20011202084538/http://frogengine.net-connect.net/pocketpc/gapi_emu.html

but all d-load links were dead
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 10