x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Moving My Document folder to CF Card

anakin
anakin Page Icon Posted 2005-08-10 7:10 PM
#
Is there any way to move the My Document folder (as well as Temporary Internet Files folder) to Compact Flash card? Creating a shortcut seems not as a comprehensive solution at all, some application such as ActiveSync still thinking the My Document is still in the main memory when trying to synchronize the file.

Please advise.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-08-10 7:23 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Please search the forum first, there are registry hacks to move the Temporary Internet Folder. And mine seems to move My Documents by itself, probably caused by a hack.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-08-10 7:32 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Why have you posted this in general discussion?... Please, this is tech support!

You can move the temp internet files easily enough in the registry under a HPC2000 device.
My documents shouldn't be removed from where it is, but you can alter the sync locataion.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-10 9:46 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hm ... what's the reg hack for that (temp)?
(just curious)

my real question is this: can you modify the default encoding *permanently* in IE?

please, any ideas?
 Top of the page
anakin
anakin Page Icon Posted 2005-08-10 9:49 PM
#
Whoops sorry guys,.. I'll search the forum first lah
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-10 10:22 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

OK, nevermind.. IE will remember it automatically after restarting it (or after a system reset?)

hm just after i posted it it changed.. now it's on unicode utf-8, and i don' want that
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-08-11 2:37 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex,

Written just for you
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0091.asp

Took me 5 hours to do it mind

If I recall correctly the cache line is at:
hklm\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\internet settings\cache
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-12 7:15 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

thanks for it again , i just read through it and it looks really helpful! obliged to you forever
 Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-08-15 5:37 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

anakin - 2005-08-10 7:10 PM

Is there any way to move the My Document folder (as well as Temporary Internet Files folder) to Compact Flash card?

I recognize the possibility that you just want to know how to do this with Activesync for the fun of it.

However, I have a suggestion. Consider moving files, folders, even programs by CF card. It is so much faster. USB-connect card read & write devices are so inexpensive now, especially used ones. I recently bought a new 8-in-one Dazzle card read-write for only $10 (after rebate). I use it for all my handhelds. I also switch CF cards from one device to another in order to move files, folders, & programs to them. I name my cards because each one is focused on a function and contain files and programs that will work from CF cards (many of them will) for that function, e.g., "Graphics", "Photos", "Music", "Documents", etc.

A side benefit from relying on a flash card read-write device is my discovery that several programs work across platforms and CE versions. One notable example is WR-Tools. I accidently discovered the same WR-Tools file works on my Casio (CE 2.11), Jornada 680, Nec 780 and Nec 790. Older versions of U-book Reader have some cross platform and CE version capability.

---Bruised
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9