x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Kilotecs Software Corner

« Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »
WinCEDev Page Icon Posted 2023-02-11 12:48 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I finally had time to properly check out some of these nice apps, I especially like the SuperClipboard, it is somewhat reminiscent of the Clipboard history feature Microsoft added to Windows 10.

I found one small issue that you might want to know about, when I go to Storage > Delete all, I get a message "Undefined Commandbar Command!", the toolbar button for the same function works perfectly though.

Edited by WinCEDev 2023-02-11 12:50 AM
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-02-11 8:14 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thank you very much.

Argh...thanks for your report. I will bugfix this.
This is a common problem. When the developer releases an app without testing enough. It is always better when other people test the software before publishing it but that was always the case in history. Also with MS Windows
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-02-11 8:46 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

When you have an amenable user base and a platform conducive to it, RAD is always preferable to monolithic release scheduling. It keeps the users interested, it keeps the developer interested, it keeps everyone positive, non-judgemental and maintains a spirit of it being a team effort. Users get iterative, incremental improvements and the developer doesn't have the pressure of 'having to get it right' causing them to defer, defer and defer again releasing anything.
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-02-11 8:42 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Here are new screenshots, JFYI

Currently the Enterprise can be moved through the sectors and the quadrants. A short range scan and a long range scan are possible. There is also a collision query. You can activate the shields and fire phasers at the Klingons, which will also shoot back. Minor bugs are still there.

It's really hard to port a fully text based game, especially since there are tons of GOTO's.

Edited by Citgo 2023-02-11 8:47 PM

(Image2.jpg)

(Image4.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Image2.jpg (29KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments Image4.jpg (29KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-12 4:25 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

C:Amie - 2023-02-11 1:46 AM

When you have an amenable user base and a platform conducive to it, RAD is always preferable to monolithic release scheduling. It keeps the users interested, it keeps the developer interested, it keeps everyone positive, non-judgemental and maintains a spirit of it being a team effort. Users get iterative, incremental improvements and the developer doesn't have the pressure of 'having to get it right' causing them to defer, defer and defer again releasing anything.

I admit, I had to research what your terms meant, but I wholeheartedly agree. This renaissance lately has been amazing!
Citgo - 2023-02-11 1:42 PM

Here are new screenshots, JFYI

Currently the Enterprise can be moved through the sectors and the quadrants. A short range scan and a long range scan are possible. There is also a collision query. You can activate the shields and fire phasers at the Klingons, which will also shoot back. Minor bugs are still there.

It's really hard to port a fully text based game, especially since there are tons of GOTO's.

This is looking super cool. I admit, I'm soooo looking forward to it! Great job
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-02-12 4:31 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thank you. This will be the best and complexes game I've every made. Besides my Hotel Manager on PC

First, I wanted to add a save and load function. But there are more than 60 variables in that game.
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-02-13 6:17 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Torch is impatient, so here's a little foretaste.

Not all elements are implemented yet. The torpedoes, for example, are not yet functional.
But you can click through and try it out. Please report bugs if you find any.
Oh, and if you don't know the game, you should take a look at the instructions on the Internet. It's very complex. Also in terms of controls. I've stuck to the original as best as I can and have been developing the game for several days. I will possibly offer the finished game as trialware or voluntary donations, because there is really a lot of work involved.
Have fun and let me know what you think.

Download StarTrekCE.zip

Edited by Citgo 2023-02-13 6:20 PM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-14 4:33 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Looks cool! I played with it a little bit on my x86 thin client - works great so far. I don't know what I'm doing but I'll figure it out

If it's going to be a paid program, just be careful with legal issues with CBS/Paramount. I'd recommend doing homework to keep yourself safe

Edited by torch 2023-02-14 4:34 PM
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-02-14 4:52 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thank you
Yes it is very complex but easy to play if you play along and understand the physics.

Mh yes you are right.
Maybe I will public it as freeware.
Or rename it: Tar Strek - The adventures of the YOUESES Penterrise
With Coptain Kork and his 1. Commander Pocks

Mhh...
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-02-14 8:44 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Please don't forget Lieutenant Uruha.
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-02-14 9:30 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

And Vapel Vechok for sure!
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-02-28 1:10 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Short update:
I finished the game. But for PC first
It has become a very complex strategy game, which is a lot of fun. I'm considering investing more time and finishing the game for the H/PC.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-02-28 2:48 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Only considering? We don't like that kind of talk around here sir!
 Top of the page
Citgo Page Icon Posted 2023-02-28 3:10 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Sorry, I meant I'm considering uploading the finished game here right now.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-02-28 3:24 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Better
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.300 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 10