x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

how to clean the mp790s keyboard

flamin
flamin Page Icon Posted 2005-08-11 4:13 PM
#
I just spillt coffee all over my 790 and was wondering if anyone had any advice
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-08-11 5:28 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Depends if it is decaff or regular.

If it was regular, what I would do is first pull my main battery. Disassemble the unit, then dry the motherboard, and as a last task, blow dry the keyboard using a hair dryer on the warm setting. Then let it sit and air dry 22 hours. Finally reassemble it.

If it was decaff, I would pull my main battery, dry the keyboard completely using the warm setting and then dry the circuit board and reassemble. Let it sit and air dry for 19 hours and then reassemble.

If you had sugar or milk in the coffee, then I would possibly wipe down the circuit board with isopropyl alcohol and let it air dry.

Of course you have to pay special attention to any ribbon connectors, so you might want to get a can of spray air and thoroughly blow those out.

Rich
 Top of the page
btrimmer Page Icon Posted 2005-08-11 8:04 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Rich Hawley - 2005-08-11 5:28 PM

Do you have some secret knowledge of coffees that you're not sharing with the rest of us??? Does it matter if the coffee was Sumatran instead of Columbian blended, for example?
 Top of the page
flamin
flamin Page Icon Posted 2005-08-11 8:46 PM
#
btrimmer - 2005-08-11 8:04 PM

Rich Hawley - 2005-08-11 5:28 PM

Do you have some secret knowledge of coffees that you're not sharing with the rest of us??? Does it matter if the coffee was Sumatran instead of Columbian blended, for example?
she has a point rich hawley
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9