x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 720 flash board

Tommy
Tommy Page Icon Posted 2005-08-11 6:00 PM
#
Hi!

I have a question about the Jornada 720's memory. My suspicion is, that my built-in ram is flash-able. I think this, because on the bottom of my jornada i see a new, original HP serial number, beside the old one.
I think, maybe the first owner of my jornada sent it back to hp, to change the rom. (After the jornada have been released, hp gived this option, as a "test" maybe?)

So my question is: Can i test or do anything with my rom, to see it is flashable, or not? I have tried some diagnostic software, but nothing about that.
For example, what happen, if i'm trying to install a linux for flash boards? Can i kill my original (maybe) not flash rom?

Please help me, if you can. Sorry, my English is not the best

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-08-11 6:07 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

hp didn't make these devices with flashrom. There have been some made by end users though.
You can't damage the static rom, you can train wreck a flash rom by playing around.

My advice, power it down, lift the keyboard, remove the rom chip, photograph it and post the images / details here.
A handhelds.org flash board will stick out like a rose in a daisy chain.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-11 7:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Tommy - 2005-08-12 12:00 AM

Hi!

I have a question about the Jornada 720's memory. My suspicion is, that my built-in ram is flash-able. I think this, because on the bottom of my jornada i see a new, original HP serial number, beside the old one.
I think, maybe the first owner of my jornada sent it back to hp, to change the rom. (After the jornada have been released, hp gived this option, as a "test" maybe?)

So my question is: Can i test or do anything with my rom, to see it is flashable, or not? I have tried some diagnostic software, but nothing about that.
For example, what happen, if i'm trying to install a linux for flash boards? Can i kill my original (maybe) not flash rom?

Please help me, if you can. Sorry, my English is not the best

do i know you from pdamania?

if yes, then i've got an idea about your jornada.. does it say jornada 710 or 720 on the bottom?
 Top of the page
anakin
anakin Page Icon Posted 2005-08-12 4:48 AM
#
Just don't know why this thread posted in Handheld PC Professional? It is HPC 2000 related ....
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-08-12 6:31 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Anakin, you're quite right. Looks like both cmonex and I missed that
Moved to HPC2000 support
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-12 7:04 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hehehe
 Top of the page
Tommy
Tommy Page Icon Posted 2005-08-13 7:25 AM
#
Yes, you know me What's your name there?

It is 720. What kind of idea?

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-13 7:31 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ah if it's 720, forget my idea ... it was just that someone (hungarian too) else's 720 had 710 written on the bottom even though it was a real 720. so i was thinking it was just repaired. of course the fact that you don't have 710 on it doesn't imply the opposite... so i still think that's the most likely reason as i already told you

so.. i'm sure you can guess who i could possibly be there!
 Top of the page
tommy_ Page Icon Posted 2005-08-14 3:44 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I think i know what is this.

I post an image here, you can see on my device, that under the display are two 720 logo. On another devices the left one is a HP logo, and only on the right side is the 720.
And there are (under the logos) the display fixing screws. So it was probably a display change

(j720nyit640.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments j720nyit640.jpg (51KB - 11 downloads)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10