x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

DOS Handheld with backlight?

jsantoro Page Icon Posted 2023-02-18 1:17 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi folks,
I need a small handheld/palmtop with a backlight. I need serial out and the ability to run small DOS programs I use to control tape machines and other test type equipment. I recently bought a HP100LX which will do all that I need except that I can't read the screen in the ambient light. I saw there is a backlight kit for but I would rather just buy something. The only thing I know if I'd the Poqet PC Plus but have not seen any for sale. Ideas?
 Top of the page Quote Reply
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2023-02-18 2:45 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Hi,

Maybe too big, heavy as compare to a little handheld like the 100LX, but there's the early HP Omnibooks with DOS, monochrome ones like the 300, 435, 430, and the 800CT with color display.

If I think of others, will post again....

torch Page Icon Posted 2023-02-18 4:55 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Unfortunately I can’t offer any advice that wasn’t already well said, but I will say in my experience:
Find a few devices you’re looking for, and either create alerts for eBay or just keep checking eBay every week or so. You’ll eventually find something you want !
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 27