x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

=TX= King
=TX= King Page Icon Posted 2005-08-11 10:34 PM
#
I bought my refurbished NEC MP780 from tiger direct awhile back, and got it today.
So I started it up tuned it right and then started moving my icons from the desktop to my documents. When suddenly the screen goes black. I can not here sounds when I press the buttons anymore, but the battery light is still on green. I have tried pressing the reset button under the MP, and also tried holding it in for over 20 seconds.

Is there anything else I can do?

P.S I dont have a manual so I dont know everything about it yet...
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-08-11 11:02 PM
#
H/PC Elder

TX, can you try with AC adapter on? ... if you do not have (much) data on it or has a backup, try a reset (or hard reset) ...
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-08-11 11:17 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

it seems you did not let it charge enough; charge it again and don't touch it for at least 6 hours. Can I ask why you moved the short cuts? It seems to me you did not add too much to it so try a hard reset. If you don't know how to do one use the search on the forum. Or someone might be kind enough to provide a link to the instructions.
 Top of the page
=TX= King
=TX= King Page Icon Posted 2005-08-11 11:24 PM
#
Thanks, I searched the forums, and found out where the hard reset button was, and now it's working fine

Yeah, I moved the icons because there were so many of them. And they got kind of irritating..
 Top of the page
btrimmer Page Icon Posted 2005-08-12 12:05 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

=TX= King - 2005-08-11 11:24 PM

Thanks, I searched the forums, and found out where the hard reset button was, and now it's working fine

Yeah, I moved the icons because there were so many of them. And they got kind of irritating..

The very first thing I did to configure my MP780 was take all those bloody icons on the desktop and throw them in the trash! Very irritating - the Start menu is there for a reason, after all. Why they chose to put all those icons on the desktop by default confounds me...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-14 8:15 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

btrimmer - 2005-08-12 6:05 AM

The very first thing I did to configure my MP780 was take all those bloody icons on the desktop and throw them in the trash! Very irritating - the Start menu is there for a reason, after all. Why they chose to put all those icons on the desktop by default confounds me...

huh? i never look at the desktop, neither on the HPC nor on the PC. i didn't have access to the minimize all button for years on my PC (too lazy to fix it), and i got used to this. so it doesn't really matter if there're icons or not.
(btw i don't use start menu either!! quick launch and total commander work better for me)
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-08-14 9:06 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

=TX= King - 2005-08-11 10:24 PM

Good, I'm glad it worked. Now that I think of it, there were a lot of Icons on the desktop when you first turn it on.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-08-14 10:20 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I dislike desktop icons. I didn't like them on my 6651 and the 720 I borrowed had no desktop space left.

Hey, I've got a great idea. Remove all the desktop icons and hide the taskbar. If you ever lose your hpc the finder might think it's junk when they turn it on, and call your number (taped on the bottom) to return it for a modest reward. Some days I'm all there....

edit: I can't ditch the my computer icon. Any ideas? Reg hack?

Edited by wallythacker 2005-08-14 10:29 PM
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-08-14 10:57 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Lol cmonex. I fixed my minimize button with notepad, but I forgot where I got the script from. Anyways, I actually pulled off the minimize button on Linux and windows, and now use control-alt-d (linux) and super (windows)-m or d to minimize the desktop.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-14 11:40 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-08-15 4:57 AM

Lol cmonex. I fixed my minimize button with notepad, but I forgot where I got the script from. Anyways, I actually pulled off the minimize button on Linux and windows, and now use control-alt-d (linux) and super (windows)-m or d to minimize the desktop.

well when i didn't have the minimize button, i didn't even know what kind of animal scripts were...
i've got it back for a year or so now but i can no longer get used to the desktop so...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 11