x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Windows CE Pegasus Beta3 screenshot mystery

Karpour Page Icon Posted 2023-05-08 10:29 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

I randomly stumbled upon this supposed Windows CE 1.0 Beta screenshot.. The picture was slightly downscaled, I figured it would be not too hard to scale it up to original size and restore it, to have an original version of the Pegasus background image (I was wrong)

Anyway, at this point I'm pretty sure that this is not a screenshot but a mock-up. Fonts don't match, icons don't line up, the Start button looks weirdly pasted on. Overall I'm very sure it's a composite.

After my best attempt at scaling it up, I noticed that the icons are ever so slightly different, which makes sense considering this is before the final release. Sadly the image quality isn't good enough to confidently restore these, it would be interesting to see beta icons.

I might still attempt to do a somewhat original version of the background image, but of course it's not satisfying when it's not accurate

(pegasus.png)

(attempt.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments pegasus.png (26KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments attempt.png (81KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2023-05-09 2:34 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Nice find!

Maybe you can use the AI image enhancer / upscale and see if it will work.

Something like this:
https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-upscale-restore-images-gfpgan/

-stingraze
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2023-05-09 4:13 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Just a note, I found a Japanese guy who tried to "restore" the Pegasus Beta 3 wallpaper.

http://www.age.jp/~k-matsu/CE/Pegasus/

Edited by stingraze 2023-05-09 4:13 AM
 Top of the page
Karpour Page Icon Posted 2023-05-10 10:12 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

Oh yes I found this, but he just took the downscaled version and cleaned it up, I would love to restore the original size version!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9