x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ACER AcerNote 760iC

1 2
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2024-01-23 11:22 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2024-01-21 8:17 PM

The first one I clicked on worked.

Just drop the dead file URL's into the wayback machine.

Once you have downloaded everything, upload everything to archive.org so that others can benefit

Great, it worked! All drivers downloaded! Now I'm going to get this little gem of a laptop!
Tell me, is there any way to upgrade the hardware? More memory, more powerful CPU?

EDIT:
Request.
The laptop has a German keyboard. This can be a problem for the Italian one. Is there a way to change it with an Italian one?
I was wondering if it was possible to change the position of some buttons on the keyboard.

Edited by NarakuITA 2024-01-24 1:16 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-01-24 10:41 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Only if the CPU is socketed can you change it. RAM, may be. Depends what the memory controller on the north bridge is capable of.

You can replace the HDD with a CF card of course.

If you can find an Italian keyboard, you can swap it. Otherwise you will have to run it with Italian keyboard software config and the wrong key-caps.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2024-01-24 11:43 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Ok, perfetto, vedo cosa fare.
In alternativa ho trovato da un venditore italiano, un toshiba satellite pro 4600 in perfette condizioni, ovviamente la batteria รจ l'unica cosa che non funziona, o funziona poco.
The battery is a model: PA2487U

Apparently that site you recommended also has one of these (correct)?
https://www.good-batteries.co.uk/product.php/TOSHIBA+Satellite_Pro_4600_Series+battery

Edited by NarakuITA 2024-01-24 11:45 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-01-24 1:00 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

That is a much, much newer beats. It's a PIII, so 98, 2000, Millennium and XP, 512MB RAM (possibly more).

Again, it has nothing to do with the machine, but what you want to do with it that matters.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2024-01-24 1:41 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Yes, it's a very interesting laptop! I saw that there are drivers also for Window 95 and NT
I'd like to try NT it's the only one I've never used.
Actually I should install a more recent Windows, but I would like to see Windows 95 running on it, or try NT for the first time.

What can you tell me about the battery? Can you help me or is the new one on sale on that site fine?

Edited by NarakuITA 2024-01-24 1:46 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-01-24 2:16 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If they say it is for a 4600, then I would have to assume that it is for a 4600. I'm not sure how else I can validate it?

Again here is a picture to compare on amazon UK:
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.233 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9