x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

4GB CE limit, annoying

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-08-12 3:20 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I did a quick search first.

All my CE explorer programs behave the same. When I query the properties for a directory with >4GB of fles each progam resets the size counter at 4GB and starts again. So a 6GB directory reports as 2GB in size.

Is there a fix for this? It's really aynnoying when I'm doing maintenance not knowing the proper size of a directory.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-08-12 4:07 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Linux?
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-08-12 4:19 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Fraid not. Programs I need aren't there
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-08-12 6:06 PM
#
H/PC Elder

As quick fix is to partition it into 4-2 or 3-3.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-08-12 6:49 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Snappy, no. I'm talking about the remote hdd on my desktop, so chopping it up isn't an option. I'm hoping there's a registry fix or patch, but I think it's big-endian problem inherent in CE, IIRC.
 Top of the page
corporate
corporate Page Icon Posted 2005-08-12 6:54 PM
#
wallythacker - 2005-08-12 4:49 PM

Snappy, no. I'm talking about the remote hdd on my desktop, so chopping it up isn't an option. I'm hoping there's a registry fix or patch, but I think it's big-endian problem inherent in CE, IIRC.

Sounds more like a CE OS limitation, like how FAT16 partitions couldn't go beyond 2GB (but not).
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-08-12 8:44 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I wish I knew. CE reports my desktop hdd properly, in terms of total and used space. CE also is good for 32gb flash cards, so why can't any explorer properly report on a folder with >4gb of files? Does anyone have an hpc explorer that properly reports on folders with >4gb of files?

FWIW, the same thing applies to my ppc device, using any explorer so it's probably an inherent CE problem. But surely there's a fix for something as widespread and obvious as this.

Edited by wallythacker 2005-08-12 8:47 PM
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-08-13 10:12 AM
#
H/PC Elder

wallythacker - 2005-08-12 4:49 PM

ah i see ... I think its like what was said ... about FAT16 hitting a ceiling ...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9