x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Utility to Keep Screen from Timing Out

torch Page Icon Posted 2023-07-24 6:25 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Is there a utility to keep the screen from timing out and recording when the device shuts off?
I wanted to try and do a battery benchmark
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2023-07-25 4:44 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There used to be a utility called DoNothing that simulated a single-key input every few minutes to keep the device from going into sleep mode, but I can't find it anywhere. But SmallTweak appears to be able to disable the device timeout, as it has a check box allowing you to toggle the auto-shutoff on battery power. (That check box is missing in the Power applet in the Control Panel, thus only allowing you to set the time of inactivity before shutoff.)

If you want to control it directly in the registry, go to HKCU/ControlPanel/Backlight and change the value in BatteryTimeout to 0.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2023-07-25 5:34 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

An idea for development is to record the battery level at n intervals and save it into a file while not allowing the device to sleep. Then plot the data with Excel, Numbers etc. later.
 Top of the page
dl1av Page Icon Posted 2023-07-25 6:54 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

There is a registry entry for that. I have 30 min on my Jornadas. The menue entry in the power settings stays blank than because there is no menue item for that registry value

-stefan

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9