x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

3D printed serial plug for Jornada 690 (work in progress)

WillowDeaf Page Icon Posted 2023-08-13 11:43 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks to @Citgo ‘s thread on a DIY Dockingstation for the Jornada, I got inspired to try and use my 3D printer to try and design both a docking station and a plug that’ll fit the serial port in the rear of my Jornada 690. Currently I’m focusing on the plug since that’s the easiest and fastest to rapid prototype.

So far I got the shape of the plug mostly exact. Just need to reduce the length a touch more so it’ll sit flush better. And increase the height a smidge more so it won’t have that tiny bit of up and down wobble it currently have.

Currently I’m trying to figure out the pitch of the pins so I can design a channel in the plug to insert wires into. If anybody have an already disassembled Jornada or the like, I would absolutely appreciate the info

(Help: How do I resize the img embed? So it won't take up the entire page? )

Edited by WillowDeaf 2023-08-13 11:53 PM
 Top of the page
WillowDeaf Page Icon Posted 2023-08-14 11:17 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Junior)

Putting the rear serial plug on hold for a short bit. Going to instead focus on an easy clip for the pins underneath the jornada. I already have most of the adapter built (just some header wires and a gender change serial plug). The only thing I need to design and 3d print is a clip that will attach to the underside of the jornada and hold the tip of the wires in place. That should be a relatively quick and easy project to design once my current print job have been completed. The exact dimension of the pins in the rear plug is too precise for me to easily measure without taking the jornada apart. Which I'm not quite willing to do yet! XD
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-08-15 6:41 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Amazing progress! Keep us updated
 Top of the page
Karpour Page Icon Posted 2023-08-15 12:32 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

Wow, that's super cool! Having this would open all kinds of possibilities! Can't wait to see more
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.179 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10