x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Suddenly I have three Jornada lol. What to do now?

1 2 3
WillowDeaf Page Icon Posted 2023-09-04 8:52 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Junior)

I'm not swapping the actual screen components between the two models. Only the CCFL and the top housings.
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-09-04 9:23 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

WillowDeaf - 2023-09-05 3:52 PM

I'm not swapping the actual screen components between the two models. Only the CCFL and the top housings.

Ah ok. I wasn't sure.
 Top of the page
WillowDeaf Page Icon Posted 2023-09-04 11:30 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Junior)

I'm having a frustrating issues at the moment with my screen assembly. I seem to have mixed up the polarizing filter orientation and order. and now I'm not able to get the screen displaying well despite having had to disassemble and reassemble the 720 more than a few times!!!

Any tips on how to figure this out? It's the main issue plaguing the 720 now. Once that's done, I'll work on improving the touch screen calibration better.

::EDIT:: Got it! Ended up having to leave everything connected except for the back of the lid housing. Be very careful of where your skin are touching near the backlight driver board! Got a painful pinpoint shock that burnt haha. Anyway, this allowed me to leave the 720 on while I flip these polarizing filters all around and I'm loving it!

Unfortunately, the touch panel is still not working well for whatever reason. Does not seem to recognize the on screen buttons on the side at all. So the touches have been 'stretched' to include that area of the touch panel as if it's part of the actual display panel itself. So it stretches out my touches on that side. Theres also a weird spot in middle where my touches are shifted to the left by an inch or two. Kinda stumped here actually.

Edited by WillowDeaf 2023-09-05 3:00 AM
 Top of the page
WillowDeaf Page Icon Posted 2023-09-05 4:43 AM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Junior)

huh, just sliding something thin like a business card under between the bezel and the display fixed the touchscreen issue. Apparently there was some dust or some bits of whatever trapped on the edge of the touch panel. Yay! Now the 720 is fully functional!!! Just need to grab some fresh backup battery and keep downloading the various programs for the 720 to try out
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-09-05 5:50 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Great news, I'm glad to hear it!
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2023-09-05 6:35 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Trial by fire

Don't forget to try the famed RedGear, which allows you to run many PPC apps on HPC.

Jake
 Top of the page
WillowDeaf Page Icon Posted 2023-09-05 6:57 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Junior)

Wait, could you share details on that redgear please? I’m very curious now haha. All I knew was that I could run ARM apps on the 720. Dunno of any backward compatibility with older apps and whatnot tbh. Thanks!
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2023-09-05 7:05 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/81/Alpaxo_Software/RedGear/version_1.0.2

Once installed, you should be able to install PPC apps that will default to RedGear's dlls,etc (as long as RG is already running in the background). I use it for NetFront browser and an old RSS Reader.

Jake

Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 11