x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

H-Bomb resolution on sig3?

1 2 3 4
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-09-08 11:16 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Scratch that, I'm dumb. Testing now...
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-09-08 11:21 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

OK so that's definitely close- it resizes that main text box BUT it cuts off the last bit of scrollbar (where the down arrow is) and it doesn't quite extend to the bottom of the screen regardless of the state of the start menu "auto hide" feature. Question- do I need to similarly change the frmHbomb.Height/Width line somehow so that the entire window also gets auto-resized?
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-09-08 11:24 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

So I tried your line but with frmHbomb as follows:

frmHbomb.Move 0, cbarMain.Height, ScaleWidth, ScaleHeight

This doesn't achieve the right result BUT it does make the window and the text box the same size AND it makes winwatch work! The scrollbar bottom is still cut off but this is a huge step in the right direction.
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-09-08 11:25 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Oops that should have been:

frmHbomb.Move 0, 0, ScaleWidth, ScaleHeight
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-09-08 11:34 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

This gets the job done:

Private Sub Form_Activate() frmHbomb.Move 0, 0, Screen.Width, Screen.Height main.Move 0, cbarMain.Height, ScaleWidth, ScaleHeight - cbarMain.Height * 2 End Sub Private Sub Form_Resize() main.Move 0, cbarMain.Height, ScaleWidth, ScaleHeight - cbarMain.Height * 2 End Sub

in all ways, with the exception that it doesn't respect the taskbar auto hide function (always fills the whole screen).
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-09-08 11:36 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Anybody else want to test on some other device to see if it fills your whole screen and works as expected?

Attachments
----------------
Attachments HBomb.vb (118KB - 1 downloads)
 Top of the page
WinCEDev Page Icon Posted 2023-09-08 11:37 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Glad to hear you’re making progress! Could you try to set the ScaleMode to Twips? That’s what my code assumes is set, I forgot to check if it was changed to something else.

Not really sure if something else on that form expects ScaleMode to be set to User though, so it might be that something breaks in the process, although that’s not very likely.
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-09-09 3:51 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

OK! I changed the scalemode to twips and added the following "frmHbomb.WindowState = vbMaximized" and now it's working as expected!

To sum up, the activate function has been replaced with this block of code:

Private Sub Form_Activate() frmHbomb.Move 0, 0, Screen.Width, Screen.Height main.Move 0, cbarMain.Height, ScaleWidth, ScaleHeight - cbarMain.Height frmHbomb.WindowState = vbMaximized End Sub Private Sub Form_Resize() main.Move 0, cbarMain.Height, ScaleWidth, ScaleHeight - cbarMain.Height End Sub

And now everything seems to be working as expected. Updated .vb attached if anyone wants it.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments HBomb.vb (118KB - 2 downloads)
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-09-09 4:04 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Thanks for the pointers, @WinCEDev
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-09-09 6:29 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I’m a let you finish but I just gotta say we need to get this working on x86 sometime.

I’ll do some testing soon!
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-09-09 3:26 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I think it's finished...?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-09-09 3:30 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Sorry I was a little drunk last night. It doesn’t work on x86 it gives a pvbload error.

^which is unchanged from the official H-Bomb release. It could be that the x86 runtime is very finicky. And not as well featured as the other architectures.

But going back to testing, how do you install the VB runtime on the Sigmarion to test it?

Edited by torch 2023-09-09 3:36 PM
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-09-09 4:54 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

You need:

https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/1982/Microsoft_Corporation/Visual_Basic_CE_2.0_Runtime

You will also need to install H-bomb from the CAB file as you instructed me earlier in this thread and then replace the hbomb.vb file with mine. It will try to overwrite some visual basic DLLs- don't let it!

(edited for clarity)

Edited by thenzero 2023-09-09 4:54 PM
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-09-09 4:55 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

The pvbload error may mean you don't have vb2.0 on your x86 machine...
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-09-09 5:31 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Sorry, I wasn't specific.
For the Sigmarion III, what .cab did you use? I got invalid cab file or some kind of error that doesn't let me proceed. I forgot the exact error, something about processor maybe?
I tried VBCE-2.Full.HPC2000.arm.cab last night
^Moreover, unrelated, I can't get Total Commander to install either, same error.

For x86, I was using VBCE-2.Full.HPC2000.x86.cab and in another thread, @C:Amie mentioned the source code required these .dlls. I wonder if the x86 device is somehow not registering a certain one correctly.

MSCEComDlg.dll
pvbform2.dll
MSCEFile.dll
pvbhost2.dll
vbscript.dll
MSCECommandBar.dll
pvbload.exe
pvbdecl.dll
MSCEImageList.dll
coredll.dll
You will also need to install H-bomb from the CAB file as you instructed me earlier in this thread and then replace the hbomb.vb file with mine. It will try to overwrite some visual basic DLLs- don't let it!

OH! So H-Bomb has some specifc .dlls that the runtime doesn't provide? Maybe this is the key why x86 doesn't work.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 10