x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

H-Bomb resolution on sig3?

1 2 3 4
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-09-09 11:12 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

torch - 2023-09-10 12:31 PM

Sorry, I wasn't specific.
For the Sigmarion III, what .cab did you use? I got invalid cab file or some kind of error that doesn't let me proceed. I forgot the exact error, something about processor maybe?
I tried VBCE-2.Full.HPC2000.arm.cab last night
^Moreover, unrelated, I can't get Total Commander to install either, same error.

For x86, I was using VBCE-2.Full.HPC2000.x86.cab and in another thread, @C:Amie mentioned the source code required these .dlls. I wonder if the x86 device is somehow not registering a certain one correctly.

MSCEComDlg.dll
pvbform2.dll
MSCEFile.dll
pvbhost2.dll
vbscript.dll
MSCECommandBar.dll
pvbload.exe
pvbdecl.dll
MSCEImageList.dll
coredll.dll
You will also need to install H-bomb from the CAB file as you instructed me earlier in this thread and then replace the hbomb.vb file with mine. It will try to overwrite some visual basic DLLs- don't let it!

OH! So H-Bomb has some specifc .dlls that the runtime doesn't provide? Maybe this is the key why x86 doesn't work.

No, I don't think it provides any specific dlls for H-Bomb. I think it just overwrites the good ones with garbage (SH4) ones, so you have to be careful.

As far as the error you're getting, you need wceloadext or you will need to modify the DLLs from SA1110 (hex 11 0A) to XScale (hex 20 07).

Edit: maybe not SH4 ones, maybe just....not good ones. I dunno. But when I let it overwrite the DLLs on my sig it didn't work. But when I didn't let it overwrite them it worked fine.

Edit2: Sorry, I just realized I didn't actually answer your question. I used the one marked "thumb" and it installed fine.

Edited by thenzero 2023-09-09 11:21 PM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-09-10 12:10 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

thenzero - 2023-09-09 4:12 PM

As far as the error you're getting, you need wceloadext or you will need to modify the DLLs from SA1110 (hex 11 0A) to XScale (hex 20 07).

Edit2: Sorry, I just realized I didn't actually answer your question. I used the one marked "thumb" and it installed fine.

Perfect! Okay, that makes sense.
lol....this sounds like it'll be fun to fix in the SCL.
Off topic question then...in your experience, non-scientifically?

How much percentage of programs you've used require a dll modification, vs just extracting the cab and running manually from the folder?
^If it's the latter, we could always have a list of the programs we use the most, and I could one-day generate new cabs that would install on the Sigmarion III...

^If that makes sense. Sometimes I'm a little dense .
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-09-10 12:36 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

No I'm with you. It's hard for me to even give a WAG for that because when I first got the sig I was hex editing cabs left and right (I haven't extracted any, btw), but since I got wceloadext I have installed tons of stuff without paying attention to it anymore.
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-09-10 12:38 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

p.s. I'm not crazy about the idea of filling up the SCL with cabs for the sig3 apart from ones that were specifically made for it by the authors, since the community has already reckoned with that problem and come up with the wceloadext solution. Just my $0.02.
 Top of the page
WinCEDev Page Icon Posted 2023-09-10 9:07 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

thenzero - 2023-09-08 3:16 PM

One thing that is super confusing to me is that the form BorderStyle is set to sizable, but on my device it looks more like a fixed tool dialog with only a small X and no max/min buttons and also I can't adjust the size (without using winwatch). Maybe one of you dudes with more VB experience can help me understand what's going on there...

If you are still interested in adding those features, over the weekend I compiled the code I have to modify window styles for eVB and packed them up in a (hopefully ) easy to use module: Module to Modify eVB Window Styles.

torch - 2023-09-09 4:30 PM

Sorry I was a little drunk last night. It doesn’t work on x86 it gives a pvbload error.

^which is unchanged from the official H-Bomb release. It could be that the x86 runtime is very finicky. And not as well featured as the other architectures.

Just out of curiosity, would you be able to post what the exact error message was?
Most of the weirdness I have encountered with eVB can be traced back to the CommandBar control, it appears to be very buggy. I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with that, since one of the first things H-Bomb appears to do is set that up.

While developing Telephone Alphabet, there were times where I couldn't get the application to start at all, and it would crash the entire runtime (it was not something you could catch from eVB). Often, shuffling the CommandBar initialization code around would solve it, even though under normal conditions the order of execution of those statements shouldn't matter at all.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-09-11 5:37 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

thenzero - 2023-09-09 5:38 PM

p.s. I'm not crazy about the idea of filling up the SCL with cabs for the sig3 apart from ones that were specifically made for it by the authors, since the community has already reckoned with that problem and come up with the wceloadext solution. Just my $0.02.

No worries, I understand now. I'll just use wceloadext like you suggested. BUT going forward, we need to make sure any cabs we generate work on the Sig3 - i.e. projects, open source re-compile - etc

WinCEDev - 2023-09-10 2:07 PM

Just out of curiosity, would you be able to post what the exact error message was?

Okay, I did some research and figured out I didn't copy the required .bmp file dependencies to the same folder as H-Bomb
With that in mind, here's my test data
Version 1.3 Official in SCL,
I get
x86 it says "Application Error - Application pvbload.exe has encountered a serious error and must shut down.

Now, I tried 1.3 in the last post by thenzero
I still get that error BUT check the screenshot, we actually start to see a window!

thenzero - 2023-09-08 8:51 PM

And now everything seems to be working as expected. Updated .vb attached if anyone wants it.

Works great on my Sigmarion thank you

(2023_9_9__7_23_59.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 2023_9_9__7_23_59.jpg (99KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-09-11 2:06 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

torch - 2023-09-12 12:37 AM

BUT going forward, we need to make sure any cabs we generate work on the Sig3 - i.e. projects, open source re-compile - etc

<snip>

thenzero - 2023-09-08 8:51 PM

And now everything seems to be working as expected. Updated .vb attached if anyone wants it.

Works great on my Sigmarion thank you

Awesome!

Totally agreed about generating the cabs for the sig for future stuff.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 11