x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

BCH56 Page Icon Posted 2023-10-22 6:24 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Man, why is it so hard to just find simple downloads, lol? I am new to the Windows CE arena, having been a Palm fanatic for many, MANY years, and the software was always so easy to find. Now I am excited to own my first HPCs, finally got ActiveSync to recognize my 360lx via IR on my IBM Thinkpad running Windows XP, and am having such a good time. But man, finding programs has been a challenge, to the point it is just frustrating. Not giving up, maybe just whining, lol?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-10-22 8:34 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
BCH56 Page Icon Posted 2023-10-23 12:42 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you for replying. I’m not worthy yet to download from your site. ?? I look forward to when I can. I guess I was referring to the Internet in general, all I could find was version 6, which I don’t want, lol. And I find that most things I am interested in are dead links. Really am enjoying your site. Have learned a lot already about my cool palmtop. ?? Thanks!
 Top of the page
BCH56 Page Icon Posted 2023-10-23 2:32 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Those question marks were supposed to be smile faces, lol!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2023-10-23 8:55 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Don't use the emojis built into your phone's virtual keyboard. A simple colon and parenthesis will do.
 Top of the page
Castor Page Icon Posted 2023-10-26 7:48 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello everyone. I had a Psion 5, 10 years ago but sold it lol. It was a great device with a lot of available programs, which I still have on my HDD ;-). For ebooks im use mobipocket. Now I managed to buy Cassiopeia A20E with WinCe 2.0. I thought there would be a lot of programs available, but I was disappointed. You can't find anything anywhere, only here on hpcfactor there is a database. Do you know any other websites with programs for WinCe 2.0? I'm sorry if I violated the rules with this question. Regards
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-10-26 2:31 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I mean, the database C:Amie maintains here is by far the best and easiest way to grab software for Windows CE.

However if you still want to look around, I would recommend going over to archive.org and poking around their files. If you dig you can find plenty of shareware stuff for Windows CE over there.

Edited by thenzero 2023-10-26 2:31 PM
 Top of the page
Castor Page Icon Posted 2023-10-28 8:14 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you for your help, I checked the website archiwe.org and there are programs there, but for later versions. The only thing I found was a large package with programs and games, but for version 1.0. Maybe some of it will work, I'll have to check it out. The biggest problem is with mobipocket, yes I know it's available here but I'm looking for a place where I can download it for free. All links are inactive, and apparently nothing gets lost on the Internet ;-). Maybe someone has the installation file and would share it? I would be grateful
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-10-29 5:14 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

First just another mention that it's definitely worth it to support the site here- the funds pay for the bandwidth to keep this collection available and I really think you should consider it.

That said, when you come to one of those dead links, go try it on archive.org. I was able to find an SH3 version of MobiPocket 4.8 in a couple of minutes by Googling and then checking archive.org:

https://web.archive.org/web/20110827071446/http://www.mobipocket.com/soft/reader5/mobireader_hpc.sh3.cab
 Top of the page
Castor Page Icon Posted 2023-10-30 6:18 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you very much for finding the file, now I know how to search in the archives. The file is installed, some error occurred but mobipocket works, it lags a bit but it works :-).

I'm still thinking about the subscription, the amount may not be much, but it constitutes 30% of my PDA, hmm. On the other hand, there are a lot of interesting things to read and download, it would be nice if it would last for years to come.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2023-10-31 2:45 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Also, you have to consider how much your own time is worth. Yeah, you can save the 10+ pounds, but spend hours looking for stuff that you could find here in 10 seconds. The tradeoff doesn't really make sense.

Jake
 Top of the page
farkzoli Page Icon Posted 2023-11-06 2:26 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi, here are a few softvares for Ericsson MC16 (CE2) from my hard drive:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/13fK_rrJfMusXAFwHggcjlp9sV-5pLXZe/view?usp=sharing
 Top of the page
Castor Page Icon Posted 2023-11-13 10:27 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi, thank you very much for sharing your files. A very nice package with programs and games, and all in one place ;-) mobipocket 4.8 is also available ;-) thanks
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 12