x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

What's on your desk?

1 2
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-22 5:09 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Zapper - 2005-08-22 9:50 PM

So, is it a general rule that users of TinyPCs (TM) have tiny desks?

no. my "real" desk isn't tiny at all (probably that's why it's full of my stuff)
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-08-22 5:32 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I've decided to have a dedicated desk in my room for CE toys, and bury my real machine in a closet with a shelf for the monitor.

On second thought, I'll add my radio scanners and dual band handheld rigs. It's nice to monitor weather and local police action. Oh, and my security monitor.

I'll have a shelf for all my varied chargers and different batteries and find some space for my digicam and handicam. Being neat and orderly isn't being compulsive, it's a lifestyle choice.

It'll be so nice to have the fleet (6651, SL4, Casio, Librettos, Amity & Fujitsu tablets) all battle ready. I'll let my g/f worry about her gear (MP, 565, wifi, cradle, CF cards and whatnot.) No slight to her but I'm always finding either her Spectrum card of 512mb CF card lying carelessly about.

I think it's time to teach her a lesson. Perhaps I'll pocket her Spectrum when she carelessly leaves it somewhere.

edit: Wow, just two years ago I had two rooms totalling 500 sq. feet devoted to desktops. Since entering the hpc world I'm down to one room of 180 sq. feet. Soon, no dedicated rooms, at most a closet and my hpc/ham/video dedicated desk.

Thank you hpc world, you're streamlined my life.

Edited by wallythacker 2005-08-22 5:37 PM
 Top of the page
Zapper Page Icon Posted 2005-08-24 3:24 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Alright PS, you're overdue to put your photo where your boasting is!
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9