x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Palm m100

1 2 3 4
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2023-12-17 11:26 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

New m100 handheld arrived. It works great. This means that my old PDA broke when I dropped it. Such a pity.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2023-12-17 2:48 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I have a problem with the stylus of the Palm m100 that I received from ebay. Basically when I synced the Palm with the PC, all the information was synced. However, when turning on the handheld, unfortunately the precision of the stylus is completely off-set. Since it isn't precise, I can't start the "welcome" program to reconfigure the precision of the stylus. How can I do? The PDA is unusable!

I may not synchronize it with the PC, but this handheld device once the battery is empty and needs to be changed, loses all its information inside it, which is why it is necessary to synchronize it with the PC, so as not to lose all the data inside it . I don't know what I can do...

Edited by NarakuITA 2023-12-17 3:12 PM
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2023-12-18 11:13 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I found out that it’s a language issue. Basically, this problem happens when I set the handheld to Italian, but if I set it to English, the problem is less severe, meaning that I can click “welcome” and calibrate the stylus properly. Unfortunately, I can’t set it to Italian. I wonder if there is a way to change the language of the device without resetting it. I searched in the options but I couldn’t find anything.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2023-12-19 1:28 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Giving new meaning to the term "Italian gesture."
 Top of the page
fantablium Page Icon Posted 2023-12-19 12:31 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

It sounds like the backup battery (or more likely capacitor) has died, it shouldn't be difficult to repair.

As for the stylus issue first check that there isn't a bit of grit between the bevel and the screen (you will need to disassemble the device) as this is a common issue with resistive screens.

If that doesn't work then try this nifty bit of software https://palmdb.net/app/digifix

Hope you get it working
Huw
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2023-12-19 7:04 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

fantablium - 2023-12-19 12:31 PM

It sounds like the backup battery (or more likely capacitor) has died, it shouldn't be difficult to repair.

As for the stylus issue first check that there isn't a bit of grit between the bevel and the screen (you will need to disassemble the device) as this is a common issue with resistive screens.

If that doesn't work then try this nifty bit of software https://palmdb.net/app/digifix

Hope you get it working
Huw

This device has no backup battery. Simply as soon as the batteries run out and need to be replaced, all the internal memory is erased due to lack of energy supplied by the batteries. In fact, the instructions clearly state that before the battery runs out, synchronize all the data with the PC to save them on the PC.
As for the screen, it is very clean. The owner has looked after the device impeccably.
As for the software, I'll try it right away.
While trying to solve the problem, an idea came to mind. I bought a folding keyboard on ebay, still sealed, for my Palm. Maybe this will solve the problem. Instead of using the stylus to go to “welcome” and recalibrate the nib, I will use the keyboard to launch the calibration application.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2023-12-19 7:22 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I tried the digifix program, and it doesn't work well, because instead of starting the calibration tool, it starts "Preferences".
 Top of the page
fantablium Page Icon Posted 2023-12-22 9:36 AM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

It does have a capacitor/memory battery - I own one and you have about 2 mins to swap your battery before the internal memory gets wiped.

Shame digifix didn't work, it works well on my Palm V

Check for a pressure point on the screen causing the calibration issue - hope you solve it
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2023-12-23 7:59 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

From what I know and the instructions in the booklet, this device does not have a capacitor/memory battery. Nothing of the sort is mentioned in the booklet.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2024-01-04 5:51 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I got the keyboard, however I can't connect to my M100 PDA, I had read that it was compatible, but I have some doubts!
Solutions?
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2024-01-05 8:20 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Question is a palm m125 compatible with this keyboard? I might get this Palm instead of the V series. But I'm not sure if the palm m125 is compatible with windows 95.
 Top of the page
DecentralizedMadness Page Icon Posted 2024-01-05 11:39 PM
#
Avatar image of DecentralizedMadness
H/PC Newbie

Salve compatriota. A lot of 68k-based Palm handhelds didn't support Italian. My Palm III doesn't, and apparently the m100 doesn't either. There ARE Palm handhelds that support Italian, the oldest one I know is the m515.
 Top of the page
DecentralizedMadness Page Icon Posted 2024-01-05 11:41 PM
#
Avatar image of DecentralizedMadness
H/PC Newbie

Is the connector different, or is it a software issue? You could fix the second one with an update if it's not already on OS 4.1
 Top of the page
fantablium Page Icon Posted 2024-01-06 4:36 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

All the Palm keyboards (either direct connection or IR) require drivers, have a look on PalmDB I think they have drivers for most of the keyboards made for Palm PDAs
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2024-01-07 12:07 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

No, the connector is simply different, it is not possible to insert the handheld into the keyboard slot. Yet it is sold as compatible by all retailers.
Also not correct, the Palm m100, 105 are in Italian.

Edited by NarakuITA 2024-01-07 12:44 PM
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.188 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9