x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

how to extract cab files without messing up file names

1 2
hassilon Page Icon Posted 2023-12-23 7:46 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

I found the solution: caber.exe will dump the contents of thingy.cab into a folder called thingy and any registry changes in a text file named 00thingy.000.reg file.

It's at the bottom of this page:

https://brain.fandom.com/ja/wiki/CAB%E5%BD%A2%E5%BC%8F%E3%81%AE%E3%82%A2%E3%83%97%E3%83%AA%E3%82%92%E5%B1%95%E9%96%8B%E3%81%99%E3%82%8B

Translated--err, paraphrased--install instructions:

1. Download the zipfile containing caber.exe

2. Download CAB32 , extract it, and copy "cab32.dll" to the folder containing "caber.exe"

3. Start "caber.exe"

4. select the *.cab file you want to extract, and press "Execute!"

5. A folder with the file name will be created in the same folder as the *.cab file, and the file will be expanded into it. Registry changes will be put in a .reg file.

caber.exe runs fine under linux in wine.

I can just attach a zip file of the exe and dll if it isn't a federal offence. But I don't know if this is free/abandoned software....
 Top of the page
hassilon Page Icon Posted 2023-12-27 3:10 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

Does this tool happen to work for you by the way?

https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/1407/Hou_Ming/wceload_Extension_tool_f...

I know it’s for the Sig but it allows for changing of settings. I don’t know if it’ll work on the Brain though.

It seems to work. I didn't have to install it: it was included in Miosoft for Brain. Happened upon it while looking in the System directory.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9