x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

My first Palmtop - HP 320LX

Sethbramwell Page Icon Posted 2024-01-09 5:18 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi everyone, new to the group here. I just got my first palmtop, a HP320LX from 1996 with Win CE 1.0. I got pretty lucky with it, finding it at my Goodwill Clearance Center (Pay by the pound). It was about 2 dollars and it's in beautiful condition apart from some battery acid I had to clean out of the casing (miraculously, none was on the terminals).

I've been nosing around YouTube to find out what I can still do with it given its age and have found a few games but would love to know more if anyone can tell me anything. I'd especially like to be able to use it as a distraction free word processor, though I can't seem to get the Pocket Word files to open in modern Word without inserting a bunch of formatting code.
 Top of the page
hassilon Page Icon Posted 2024-01-12 1:33 AM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

I like to use Mobipocket (installed on CF card) on it for ebook reading. Calibre can covert to epubs to pdb. Mine has fantastic, insanely long battery life and it looks good outdoors in sunlight. Mine has WinCE 2.0. I bought it for parts. It had corroded battery terminals but I just cleaned them and it started working. The "for parts" 320 turned out to be in better shape than the one I was trying to fix!
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-01-29 5:41 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I have a Windows CE 2.0 rom card sitting around that im not using. But its in Portuguese and non of the different languages to choose from is English. But itd give ya CE 2.0 and i found some languages were pretty close to english and it was easy to navigate on the unit. I used my LX like this for awhile before i found a broken one with the upgraded rom i purchased. Let me know i can mail it out to you if you can find a use for it. :-)

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9