x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MobileCubed - Missing " List Notes " from SCL

torch Page Icon Posted 2024-01-26 5:23 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Hi, I noticed that we're missing List Notes [formerly called List Manager] entirely from the SCL.
It appears it was available as shareware at one point and a version 1.0 and 1.1 were released

https://web.archive.org/web/20041217061036/http://www.mobilecubed.com/apps/listnotes.html
https://www.yetanotherhomepage.com/j7xx/j7xx.html?/j7xx/software/data/listnotes.html

Jornada 720/HPC2000 platform. It is released as fully functional shareware. There are no limitations in the program other than a message when you load the program. If you like it, please register it for $8. This will help us to continue providing freeware and low-cost shareware. And please feel free to drop us an email with suggestions for future enhancements!

ListNotes has an unlimited amount of uses, including shopping lists, video collections, to-do lists, project outlines, and more. Some other functionality of ListNotes includes: (* denotes new in version 1.1).

Create Outlook Tasks and Appointments from list items.
Easy access to functionality due to the commandbar (which includes tooltips).
Set options to change font size and type, set an default directory for your lists, and more.
* Priority feature has been added to list items. You can now set a priority from 1 to 10 on each list item.
* Notes of up to approximately 32K can be attached to each list item.
* Linking- you can now link any file on your Handheld PC to each list item, whether it’s a word document, spreadsheet, or MP3. ListNotes will use the registry to determine what application launches the file, so that the process is seamless. An icon next to your description lets you know if an item is linked to a file.
* Select from two views- the original “List View” or a split-pane List and Notes view. Please note that Notes in Notes View are read-only; you will have to edit the actual list item to edit the note.
* Import ListManager 1.0 lists into ListNotes and simply save them as ListNotes files without hassle.
* ListNotes now prompts you to save your file when you exit the application.
Low cost alternative to other list-makers.

In addition, my other project is seeing if the PocketPC programs are .vb programs and if they're usable on HPC platforms without any modification.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-01-26 10:16 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I've sent you a PM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-02-03 3:01 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Thank you! I added it to the SCL here https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/2222/MobileCubed/List_Notes/version_1.1

I still need to try out the PocketPC versions and see if they work unmodified - if so, I'll add to the SCL.

Question #2: if any of the VB titles have a CPU arch "locked" cab, like it only installs on arm but the actual files proper are independent (obviously without the runtime dlls) is it okay if I make/add a CEF version of that particular cab to the SCL listing?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-02-03 3:30 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you want to make a CEF CAB with no runtimes in it, yes, go for it. Better for everyone that way.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-02 4:25 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Follow up- I tried the PocketPC exclusive versions on Windows CE 3.0 MIPS for my MobilePro 790 and none of them work alas. They give menu bar errors when I tried to run the extracted cabs
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2024-03-02 8:49 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Two questions, torch: did you register MSCEMenuBar.dll, and which aygshell are you using? (I've found only Dic's versions seem to provide working menus in .vb apps in the H/PC/core CE shell.)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 8