x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

TOSHIBA Satellite Pro 4600

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-02-29 12:35 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

That Golden Browser doesn't work for me on my fully patched English Windows 2000 install. I get the same errors you do.

I don't get any RetroZilla errors, but I can't figure out how to get internet service on my Virtual Windows 2000 machine so I can help you test browsers.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2024-02-29 1:36 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

With standard RetroZilla, can you log in to hpcfactor?

Or did you use the version described, compiled in Visual Studio 6.0?

I currently do my builds on Windows 2000 SP4 with Visual Studio 6.0 and MozillaBuild 1.2. Building should also work on Windows XP/2003, and possibly Vista and above, but don't take my word on it.

You're going to need to install VC6, MozillaBuild 1.2, VC6 SP5 (not SP6) and VC6 Processor Pack.

Place your source somewhere in a directory without spaces if it's not already. I recommend something like C:\projects\RetroZilla\RetroZilla.

Start "start-msvc6.bat" in C:\mozilla-build. This will open a UNIX-type shell window. navigate to your source directory. It uses UNIX-style file paths with the Windows drive letters as the first child directory (e.g. C:\WINDOWS\System32 will be /c/WINDOWS/System32 in MSYS shell)

Copy mozconfig-suite.txt to mozconfig (no extension). Open up your newly created mozconfig in a text editor. You're going to want to change the object directory, I recommend changing it to the parent directory of the source. Using my example for a source directory above, change to mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=@TOPSRCDIR@/obj-sm95-releasemk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=/c/projects/RetroZilla/obj-rzSuite-release

Now just run from the MSYS shell and wait. On a VM running on a modern host, building should take 20-40 minutes. On XP-era desktops expect building to take about 1 hour and 20 minutes to 2 hours.make -f client.mk configure build

If start-msvc6.bat can't find your VC6 installation, add the following line to start-msvc6.bat, after "SET MOZILLABUILD=..." SET VC6DIR=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-02-29 1:49 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I used retrozilla from here
https://github.com/rn10950/RetroZilla/releases/tag/2.2

neither it or KMeleon let me login to HPCFactor

Edit: I found this page
http://mrqash.blogspot.com/2022/04/mypal-68-firefox-68121-on-windows-2000.html

Edited by torch 2024-02-29 1:53 AM
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2024-02-29 9:43 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

torch - 2024-02-29 1:49 AM

I used retrozilla from here
https://github.com/rn10950/RetroZilla/releases/tag/2.2

neither it or KMeleon let me login to HPCFactor

Edit: I found this page
http://mrqash.blogspot.com/2022/04/mypal-68-firefox-68121-on-windows-2000.html

Unfortunately I cannot install the Kernel, as it is compatible with the Japanese and English versions of windows.

For RetroZilla yes, I also downloaded it here, but previously you sent me this link:
https://github.com/rn10950/RetroZilla
I don't understand if this is an updated version, but you have to compile it with Visual Studio.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-02-29 2:23 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I just think it’s the “latest version” that they came out with. And you don’t have to compile it. It has a binary to download. That’s what I used.

The original website for retrozilla links to that page so I would assume that’s the final version
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2024-02-29 6:45 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

OK perfect. Let's say that for now this is fine. You can't do better.

Then let's move on to the next step. Battery. Advice?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-02-29 6:56 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

For lithium ion: find someone who knows what they are doing to re-cell it. There is another thread somewhere where I posted some links to UK/US etc companies who will do it. I do not recall any being in Italy though I am afraid.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2024-02-29 7:54 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Ok, then I'll try to look for some company in Italian that does this!

Question: I installed ClamWin with Clam Sentinel. I updated everything. He connected to the internet and downloaded the virus definitions. But now I'm having a problem since I installed it, for no reason, often, it starts scanning the PC, without me telling it to do so, the problem is that it takes up the entire physical and virtual RAM, Windows warns me that he must increase it because that too is exhausted. In addition to 100% CPU.
Solutions to prevent scanning?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-02-29 9:22 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

NarakuITA - 2024-02-29 12:54 PM

Question: I installed ClamWin with Clam Sentinel. I updated everything. He connected to the internet and downloaded the virus definitions. But now I'm having a problem since I installed it, for no reason, often, it starts scanning the PC, without me telling it to do so, the problem is that it takes up the entire physical and virtual RAM, Windows warns me that he must increase it because that too is exhausted. In addition to 100% CPU.
Solutions to prevent scanning?

i don't know if this is the same program, but maybe try going through these settings to see if there's a scan off setting
https://documentation.help/ClamWin/config.html
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2024-02-29 10:28 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Yes it's the same. But there is no scheduled scan. Yet he plays a nice trick on me!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-02-29 10:40 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

what about the .ini file mentioned here?
https://clamsentinel.sourceforge.net/SentinelSimpleGuide.html

sorry to bother you if you already did. just thinking of ideas
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2024-03-01 11:02 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

torch - 2024-02-29 10:40 PM

what about the .ini file mentioned here?
https://clamsentinel.sourceforge.net/SentinelSimpleGuide.html

sorry to bother you if you already did. just thinking of ideas

Excuse my ignorance, I tried, I read everything, but I didn't understand anything!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-02 5:20 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Is there an .ini file in
C:\Documents and Settings\your username\AppData\Roaming\ClamSentinel ?

Edited by torch 2024-03-02 5:20 PM
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 1:34 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

torch - 2024-03-02 5:20 PM

Is there an .ini file in
C:\Documents and Settings\your username\AppData\Roaming\ClamSentinel ?

Found. What should I change?

;========================================================================================================== ;If you edit this file manually you MUST restart (Stop-Start) Clam Sentinel to have the new settings ;========================================================================================================== ;The semicolons in the ini file just precede the instructions/comments. ;The configuration is done on the lines that don't have the semicolons. [Params] Patch=3 ;### Use local ini file (1=yes; 0=no) UseLocalIniFile=0 ;===========Paths Settings ======================================================== ;### Into the pathname all environment variables are replaced with the current value ;### Path of the directory that contains the file ClamWin.conf ;***** on Windows 98/ME ;PathClamWin=C:\Documents and Settings\Andrea\Dati applicazioni\.clamwin ;***** on Windows NT/XP/2000, Vista, Windows 7 PathClamWin=%APPDATA%\.clamwin ;***** on ClamWin Portable ;PathClamWin=..\..\..\data\settings ;### Drives that you want to monitor ;### note: the program monitor all subfolders ;### note: separate the values with a comma (without " for example: DirToScan=C:\,D:\,E:\,F:\,\\mynetmachine\myfolder,\\mynetmachine2\%USERNAME% DirToScan=C:\,F: ;### Directories or files that you don't want to monitor ;### For example you don't want to scan the recent folder ;### that change dinamically very often (case insensitive) ;### note: the program don't scans all subfolders ;### note: separate the values with a comma (without ". ;***** on Windows 98/ME ;NoScan=C:\Documents and Settings\Andrea\Recent ;***** on Windows NT/XP/2000 NoScan=%USERPROFILE%\Recent ;***** on Vista, Windows 7 ;NoScan=%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent,*.RBF,*.RBS ;### Directories where to scan any file ;### note: the program scans all subfolders ;### note: separate the values with a comma (without ". FullScan= ;===========Scan Settings ======================================================== ;### File extensions that you want to scan ExtToScan=.ACE,.ACM,.ACV,.ARC,.ARJ,.ASD,.ADD,.APP,.ASP,.AVB,.AX,.BAT,.BIN,.BOO,.BTM,.CAB,.CHM,.CLA,.CLASS,.CDR,.CNV,.CMD,.COM,.CPL,.CPT,.CRT,.CSC,.CSH,.CTL,.DLL,.DOC,.DOT,.DRV,.DVB,.DWG,.DMD,.EMAIL,.EML,.EXE,.FON,.FLT,.FOT,.GMS,.GVB,.HLP,.HTT,.HTA,.INF,.INI,.INS,.ISP,.IST,.JSE,.JSP,.KSH,.LIB,.LNK,.MHT,.MHTM,.MHTML,.MSC,.MSI,.MSO,.MSP,.MST,.OBJ,.OCX,.OVL,.OV?,.PCI,.PCD,.PGM,.PIF,.PI,.PH,.PHTM,.PL,.PLX,.PM,.PWZ,.PRG,.REG,.SCR,.SCF,.SPL,.SH,.SHB,.SHS,.SCT,.SHM,.SMM,.SYS,.SWF,.URL,.VB,.VBA,.VBE,.VBS,.VBX,.VXD,.VS,.TMP,.ZIP,.RAR,.JAR,.GZ,.RTF,.PDF,.AVI,.JS,.WSC,.WS,.WSH,.WIZ,.WSF,.386,.3D,.3GR,.JOB,.ASPX,.HTM,.HTML,.PPT,.XLS,.DOCX,.XLSX,.PPTX,.MWT,.EVT,.XPD,.CRX,.DEX,.7Z,.ASF,.JNT ;### If you want to detect new drives added (1=yes; 0=no) Detect_NewDrives=1 ;### If you want that Clam Sentinel asks for to scan new drives added (1=yes; 0=no) AskForScan_NewDrives=1 ;### Notify of new versions (1=yes; 0=no) NotifyNewVersion=1 ;### Monitor system for new malware (1=yes; 0=no) MonitorSystemChanges=1 ;### If the malware monitor is active show warnings about system changes detected (1=yes; 0=no) MonitorWarnings=1 ;### If you want to run a memory scan when the program starts (1=yes; 0=no) MemoryScanAtStartup=0 ;### Maximum number of simultaneously active scans (1..10) MaxNumActiveScan=1 ;### What to do when an infected file has been found (0=MoveToQuarantine; 1=ReportOnly) WhenInfectedFileIsFound=0 ;### Skip files with a valid signature if the monitor is active (0=not skip; 1=skip) SkipValidSignatures=0 ;### Use also the vxd driver on Win98/Me for detects filesystem changes (1=yes; 0=no) UseVxdOnWin98=1 ;===========Log Settings ======================================================== ;### If you want to write a log (1=yes; 0=no) Log=1 ;### Path for logs files. If empty is used the logfile path defined into ClamWin.conf PathLog= ;### Max filesize for log files. ;### When the program starts if a log file is more of this size it's deleted. MaxLogSizeMB=5 ;### GUI Language (normally detected by OS settings) ;### Possible values: English, Italian, French, German, Spanish, Japanese ;### Polish, Russian, Portuguese, Bulgarian, Indonesian, Azeri, Dutch, Hebrew, Galician Language =
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-07 7:29 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Hey unfortunately I didn’t have any idea on which setting to mess with based on your ini file. I’m afraid to mention something that would make the computer more open to viruses.

My ideas were the following:
1-can you just turn it off at startup? And run when needed? Obviously that doesn’t help real-time.
2- maybe these settings can help reduce system load
This one BEWARE because you’d have to remember to manually check for updates
;### Notify of new versions (1=yes; 0=no)

NotifyNewVersion=1

Maybe set that to “0”

;### Monitor system for new malware (1=yes; 0=no)

MonitorSystemChanges=1

Maybe set that to 0 and just do your scans and updating manually ?
Again this will make the computer less secure. I’m just trying to think of ideas for you.

Also I’ve never used this software ! So I’m not really an expert at all

Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.226 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8