x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Order a C-140 and a A-11

WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-01-29 12:32 AM
#
H/PC Elite

These machines say for parts, but i already know one works. One has the CE 2.0 rom. So i am just down to needing two more 2.0 roms for these units. The A-11 i am using along with my 360LX are my word processors basically for keeping track of my baseball cards and journaling. I do like the 360LX keyboard better, but i like both units.

But got them for $25 each including shipping. The 2nd one says it wont turn on and in the pics he has a bad recharable battery, so im thinking if i can find another battery comparment door thing. It may work perfectly. Or i may need to rebuild the old one. WHich is not so fun imho haha. But unlike the seller, i have the AC adaptor so i can at least power it up and find a battery door hopefully.

I recently got the AC adaptor and the smaller dock for the A-11. Today i put back together a C-120, but the atonmizor for the touch screen was dead. I had 2 more but they all were dead and i even tried them on other machines just to make sure.

The C-120 was the first palmtop with CE i ever say, a friend got one for his bday and i was just blown away and at the time he was emailing and faxin and surfing the net. I was just blown away. MY first was a Velo 1. But the hinge went (very quickly) and the keyboard was imho terrible. It was a nice unit when i first got it with the ROM to CE 2.0 and the 8mb addition of space.

Eventually i got a A-11 at Computer City for $80 when they were going out of business. So ive had a lot of experience with the Casio and Compaq units. But once i got a 300LX with the widescreen i was sold on the HP series of palmtops, but thats for a discussion another day.

WHo else here uses these everyday ?

Edited by WallyB110 2024-01-29 12:34 AM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-01-29 12:38 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Don’t forget that these devices (at least running CE 2.0) are still very useful.
There’s a program I highly recommend called SpreadCE. It still gets regular updates and even supports those 2007+ XLSX as well as the OpenDocument Format from Open/LibreOffice

http://www.byedesign.co.uk/
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-01-29 1:09 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Heres my main two units. The A-11 i totally rebuilt. The 360LX i also rebuilt the hinge and when i got it, it wasnt english rom in it. It took me 6 months to find a broken one that had the english rom.

But these are my main units. I have many more and i rebuild them, but i dig these 2 ;-)

But you can see in the picture the SD to CF w/ WIFI. I had not even noticed that. DOH!!!!!
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-01-29 1:16 AM
#
H/PC Elite

torch - 2024-01-29 12:38 AM

Don’t forget that these devices (at least running CE 2.0) are still very useful.
There’s a program I highly recommend called SpreadCE. It still gets regular updates and even supports those 2007+ XLSX as well as the OpenDocument Format from Open/LibreOffice

http://www.byedesign.co.uk/

SWEET thanks for the info. :-)

Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-01-29 1:35 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

WallyB110 - 2024-01-28 6:09 PM

But you can see in the picture the SD to CF w/ WIFI. I had not even noticed that. DOH!!!!!

Wow! Nice! Units look great. Thanks for showing us the pictures

I have that same SD-CF card. It doesn't have wifi built in. I just think it's a translation issue, I think it means it supports SDIO [but nothing built in] (which is a different interface than normal SD for storage) so theoretically an SDIO Wifi Card could work, but none work that would have Windows CE 2.0 drivers.
The other issue would be that SDIO Wifi cards stick out the "wrong way" so you wouldn't be able to put the CF card in the device with the SDIO Wifi card sticking out.

If you ever have a chance, make sure to report your devices in the HCL as working.

like here
https://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/detail.asp?hcdid=803&pn=1&categoryId=%2D1&sortBy=&hclq=digigear&gowince=1%2C3%2C5%2C7%2C10
you could "report" which device works with the digigear
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-01-29 1:42 AM
#
H/PC Elite

The SD card in that reader is a standard SD card and it seems to work fine. I have all my games on it. But now im wondering whats going on with this adaptor. Im going to use a standard CF card, but i just need the adaptor i ordered to come in next week.

The 360LX works but battery life seems so limited no matter what batteries I use. Is this unit only suppose to get 3 hours of battery ? I swear i use to get 8-9 hours. But the issue seems to be when i got this adaptor for it. Suddenly within an hour im getting low battery, within 2 it wont run backlight unless i force it and then its dead. I have a brand new coin battery in it, thankfully. I have the docking station as well. The current set of batteries i have not experimented with since the SP1 update. But its weird that the same SH3 SP 1 update wont work on my other machine the A-11.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-01-29 1:48 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

WallyB110 - 2024-01-28 6:42 PM

But now im wondering whats going on with this adaptor. Im going to use a standard CF card, but i just need the adaptor i ordered to come in next week.

I'm sorry just trying to clarify
"what's going on with adapter"
^You mean the battery drain with using the card?

I'm honestly surprised you got the Digigear card working. My MIPS MobilePro 700 running CE 2.0 doesn't work with it

The SD adapter I use on my Windows CE 2.0 device is this one
https://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/detail.asp?hcdid=834&pn=1&categoryId=%2D1&sortBy=&hclq=dazzle&gowince=1%2C3%2C5%2C7%2C10

Also, are you using the backlight? I'd try to not use it and just have lights on in the room because that'll kill the device super quick on AA batteries if you have backlight on.

But I understand your point about the card too perhaps being an issue
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-01-29 2:01 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I had no issues using the SD to CF adaptor that is in the picture. Plugged in SD card and put it in the 360LX and it worked. But im starting to think theres an issue with this setup. I dont really use the backlight. I have the stock docking station and AC adaptor and i think i said it above, ive tried the batteries that are "supported" in the manual. Along with Alkaline rechargables. Battery just drains so quick. Im gonna experiment with it here and see how the battery life on the 360LX is since the SP1 first. If its still not good, i will change out this SD>Wifi>CF adaptor and use a standard CF card. If that still hasnt solved it, ill try uing a CF>PCMCIA adaptor and a standard CF card. We shall see

THanks so MUCH EVERYONE !

Edited by WallyB110 2024-01-29 2:15 AM
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-02-09 10:28 PM
#
H/PC Elite

New EBL batteries i posted about in the other thread w/ mini usb port on the battery, are the BOMB with my 360LX and the A-11 6mb.

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 23 - Executed queries : 53