x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

My busy week with Palmtops

WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-02-15 8:03 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I am currently working with 5 parted out A-11 and C140 units and rebuilding them and replacing what needs to be and cleaned etc.

Working on this A20, cant wait to have a battery unit for this. I love this thing.

Selling off some of old palms, time to move forward. I will keep 2-3 of my old greyscales. I literally be down to 4 this Jornads makes up for it really well. I just have to get use to the color over the grey, why i liked my 360 LX was because of teh natural white backlighting. Wish more companies back in their day had used the same tech.

But as i said im starting a list and checking it twice, by the end of the day all the older units will be clenaed out (again), then all the parts either put basck together or arranged neatly etc.

I posted a list of some of the units im selling if anyone is lookig.

Id like to get the docking station fir the 680e as well if anyone may have an extra.

I PROMISE Ill take video and pics as i go along here, so soon enough there will be pics. Im going to video the entire rebuild of the batteries. wOot woor
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-02-15 4:56 PM
#
H/PC Elite

SO i got the A-10 today. Top was scratched to hell and there was no battery door or battery door for cell battery. But i have battery doors for this series. I put in batteries and it turned right on. But the touch screen wasnt working. I flowed the solder pads, had to clean up the contrast control a little. I put a brand new looking top on it and it looks like new. But im going to get a PCMCIA card adaptor for it and a memory card. Im not selling a 2mb model, dont see a use for it. At least sell it with more memory and the person can do what they want for it. But was a fun and successful day. :-)

Edited by WallyB110 2024-02-15 4:57 PM
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-02-15 4:59 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Lemmi know if any of yall have a 2mb upgrade ram for this unit or maybe someone i could ask. ;-) Thanks i could turn this into a A-11 like i did with another A-10 i have. ;-)

WOOT WOOT and many thanks to everyone on here.
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-02-21 2:19 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Finished 3 more :-) Woot woot ! :-)

Top of the page
AximUser Page Icon Posted 2024-02-21 4:04 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Great refurb. Post some more photos and stories please.
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-02-21 5:51 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Heres a A-11+ that is the bricked one. I took the touch/digitizer off for another unit. The screen is good. But i cant get the unit to get past the initial reset screen. I had the mobo out and i checked some stuff and cleaned it all up. Still nothing. This is the only unit i have yet to be able to fix. Kinda driving me crazy haha. Think im done for the day with this unit. Part wise it does have the screen as i said, video cable is good which on these can be the opposite a lot of the time. Plastic is all good. Etc.

Ill see if i can find a mobo for it and if i end up with another digitizer ill fix it up but im out of ideas with it for now.

As i said i even tried different rom chips etc. Bout 1000 different ways and things i tried.

Ill post a video a little later with all the units. I have like 12 to put up on ebay. I try here first and then ill post on ebay. I see a lot of these beat up and "not working". $50+ ! I wait for someone to post one up for like $20 with a "non working" one with cheap shipping and as i said before, ive only had one bad unit come to me out of over 30 Casio and Compaq units. I mentioned i think in one of my earilier posts that people dont seem to pick up on how the battery switch on the bottom works and a lot seem to not know theres a contrast dial on the screen ! Id say 75% of these units were simply that. I still take them all apart, clean them and check everything. Replace anything that is sketchy etc.

Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-02-21 6:22 PM
#
H/PC Elite

https://youtu.be/39e-kH_ea4A

^ Heres a quick look at some of the finished units, in my work room i have many more ;-)

If anyone has a 2mb ROM module for a Casio A-10, please let me know. If i cant find one, im just gonna sell it with a 4mb PCMCIA or a CF to PCMCIA adaptor with a 4mb CF card. Either way i dont want to sell a 2mb A-10 haha. Not much 2mb can do. But its a nice unit in great shape. I took a chance with the unit and it worked out. Was just the screen ribbon cable and luckily some on here sold me a few extras awhile back.

Edited by WallyB110 2024-02-21 6:26 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9