x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Pocket Dos download ?

WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-02-18 8:30 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Does anyone have a working link to download the latest version for Windows CE 2.11 ? None of the links i click work on this site, they all error out. Id like to find a download of this. Thanks :-)
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-02-18 8:47 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Lol why did you make a new thread? I was about to just reply all of this stuff in the previous one...
http://www.pocketdos.com/
Still available for purchase ( Source: me as of 2022)
Please email developer.
As of 18-Feb-24, I went to downloads->trial for HPC CE 2.11->downloaded
I used 7zip version 23.01 to extract the host installer...and voila - cabs. No ActiveSync needed.

PocketDOS is not hosted by HPC:Factor. It is only hosted by PocketDOS.
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-02-18 8:55 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Sorry i had already made this thread haha. Ok I emailed him, lets see if he gets in touch with me. :-)
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-02-18 9:01 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

You're going to need to install the trial of PocketDOS, set the owner name to be what you want it to be, and let PocketDOS know what the System ID and your owner name so he'll be able to give you a serial number once the purchase is made.
Here's how to set your owner name if need-be
Go to Start > Settings
Select Control Panel
Go into System
Select Device Name tab and make your changes there.
Click Ok when done
https://supportcommunity.zebra.com/s/article/Change-device-name-in-Windows-CE?language=en_US
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-02-18 9:05 AM
#
H/PC Elite

OK my name or the machines name is same as my email, scooby9261. So when he responds (if he does) ill give him this information. Thanks again ! :-)

Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-02-18 9:09 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Here's what's needed basically:
Open Control Panel or Settings on your pocket computer.
Open the Owner item and make sure the Owner Name* is set correctly.

* Once you have registered PocketDOS, changing the Owner Name will invalidate your Unlock Code.

Install and start PocketDOS on your pocket computer.
Make a note of the eight or nine letter System ID* displayed on the PocketDOS startup screen.

* Required - make sure the Owner Name is set correctly before making a note of the System ID.

[UPDATED: 19 Oct 2021] Send an email to purchase "at" pocketdos.com to discuss licensing.

Once your order has been processed you will be supplied with an Unlock Code to unlock your copy of PocketDOS, as well as other important information regarding your registration.

If you made a mistake entering the information when you registered PocketDOS, upgrade your pocket computer, or need to change the Owner Name, you can request a new unlock code here.

PocketDOS does not include a DOS license, and does not need one if using a free DOS (like FreeDOS). A license may be necessary for some of the versions of DOS supplied with PocketDOS as evaluation versions. Information on licensing for the DOS versions supplied with PocketDOS can be found by typing A:\README and/or viewing the A:\README.TXT file after booting PocketDOS with the DOS in question.

So the Make a note of the eight or nine letter System ID* is also needed too in that email. But I'd prob just wait until they reply I just meant to have that ready

Edited by torch 2024-02-18 9:10 AM
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-02-18 9:16 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Ok ! Woot woot ! :-) Thanks
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-02-18 4:41 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Also here’s a tutorial how to install MS-DOS 6.22 using PocketDOS

http://www.mediator-software.com/pocketdos/tutorial_msdos_ins.htm
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-02-18 6:29 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Nice ! I appreciate it. Im saving all these sites into folders in my CE folder. That way i dont lose them. This gives me so much to do/try ! :-) Greatly appreciate it. Dos on 680e and Linux on 690 is the plan, unless i find that 32mb upgrade ram chip for the 680e that is ;-)
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-02-20 5:47 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Ian from PocketDOS replied to my heads up email that you’re interested in purchasing PocketDOS. So he’s around
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-02-20 5:58 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hmmm... i emailed him and have NOT heard back from him. Let me check my spam folder.
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-02-20 6:00 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Nope no email yet. :-( Hopefully soon :-)

How much does he charge for PocketDOS ? Curious. Def want to purchase it from him for sure :-)

-Walt

I only plan on using it on two units the 680e and the 690. So hopefully i hear from him and can figure out how to get two licenses from him ;-)

Edited by WallyB110 2024-02-20 6:05 PM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-02-20 6:03 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I believe it’s $20 or so. I believe you can use it on a few different HPCs if you request unlock codes for the additional devices.

Anyway try emailing p o c k e t d o s [at] p o c k e t d o s [dot com]
Obviously without spaces
Also please edit your post to remove your email. You don’t want people to spam you
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 9