x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Casio A-11 battery pack

WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-02-20 5:57 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I received 3 Casio A-11's today that the seller said did NOT work. We'll it turned out the 3 units all had BAD rechargeable packs in them. I tested all 3 palmtops with a standard battery thing and regular AA's and they all powered on and work 100%. Woot.

But i wanted to ask if anyone has had ANY luck taking one of these packs apart and fixing them ? I have tried 6 times with these particular packs and if they have leaked, the battery ribbon cables are corroded and garbage. I have successfully rebuilt sharp, hp and other brand models with NO issues but the way the Casio and Compaq units are built.... if the batteries have leaked... well good luck rebuilding it. Im 0 for 6 now. But at least the units work is how i look at it and luckily i have standard battery things extras laying around.

With that said, i do need one more battery thing for a Compaq/Casio unit. If anyone has an extra please let me know. ;-)

So far ive only gotten one completely dead Casio or Compaq. It powers on but gets stuck on the opening screen and thats it. I tried different rom chips and taking it apart and cleaning the board etc. Im not sure why this one in particular is bricked. But ive bought at least 30 of these in the last few years and only one of them was broken. Seems a LOT of people who sell these and claim they dont work A) dont know about contrast on the side of the screen adjustment or B) they dont understand how to install the battery and push over the little thing so it activates the battery. Im 29/30 on these. :-)

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.109 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 8