x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HP Jornada 680: what to expect.

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-05 1:16 PM
#
H/PC Elite

They have a website and they have an ebay store. Their ebay store has more parts listed. THats how i found the motherboard for the 690 with that ram/rom module, the digitizer and case bottom. They have been VERY helpful.

Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-06 12:04 AM
#
H/PC Elite

^ I call this the 6xx starter pack ;-)

Not pictured is the PCMCIA Wave Lan Silver wifi card thats in my 680e. Also the smaller CF cards shown were the cards that i was using in my HP360LX and Casio A-11+ before i got the 680e and the 690. :-)

The Symbol CF Wifi works great.
Intel CF Wifi card also works great.

Im still waiting for my 512mb CF card to come in the mail for the 690.

USB C card reader w/ SD, mSD, CF.

USB to USB C adaptor

Video with a lil more info ;-)

^ Just uploaded this :-)

As always a shout out to hpcfactor and usedhandhelds

I finally got the full version of PocketDOS installed on the 680e. I have to say i would not recommend dealing with the person who sells this, was NOT a fun process. In my entire life of working with computers and what not, i have NEVER had someone belittle me and talk to me like im a moron quite like he did. Sorry i asked questions.... jeez. He seemed unhappy to bother helping me out once he got his $. But hey, that was just my experience. But i have a feeling, im not alone there.

I also got the PalmGB unlocked. It runs good and theres options to speed up or down the performance. So far ive tried 6 different .rom (games) including Paper Boy, Super Mario 6 Golden Coins etc. They all work well. Glad to finally have this.

nPOPuk is the mail client that has been mentioned on here as i was getting help getting it up and running properly. Very nice program. Seems to be the ONLY mail client that works with gmail, that will work on the 680e.

Also along with frogfinder and theoldnet.com/lite , there is useful browsing to be had in Internet Explorer. So your not dead in the water with browsing the net. But it is still limited.

Small Tweak is also a must have piece of software. Allows you to turn off the low battery warnings and many other things. Been very nice to have this software installed on the unit.

More to come
 Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-06 7:25 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Where I can get a valid cab file to install PalmGB? Tried the archive and other Korean, Russian and Romanian sites with no luck (there were demos or only contain the exe, which "is not a valid WindowsCE application"... You know).

Edited by ABBADON 2024-03-06 7:27 AM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-06 7:39 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Did you try extracting those with 7zip?
 Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-06 8:42 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I downloaded the files and try to run the exec file...
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-06 2:53 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Yes but you need to try downloading and installing
7zip

https://www.7-zip.org/

Then try extracting the files like this.
A lot of setup files I was able to get cabs for just by doing this

(IMG_2663.jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_2663.jpeg (49KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-06 3:30 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I installed PalmGB using my XP laptop and Active Sync. But im sure theres a .cab file you can pop onto a CF card and put it into your 680 and install it that way. Ill have to do some looking around and see for ya. As i said in an earlier post, it runs well and has nice set of options for getting the software and games to run as well as possible.

I tried the NES emulator but it gives me an error when it opens. Ill have to try an older version i guess (If one exists?). Anyone try the NES emulator on a 680 or 690 with success ?
 Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-06 3:57 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi.

I have opened the exe file and there are some "src" files that cannot be used, BUT also there's some files named palmGB (palmGB.exe_MIPS and palmgb.exe_SH3). I'll try with the SH3 one... If nothing works... I'll wait for the elders come to slap me!!

Edited by ABBADON 2024-03-06 3:58 PM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-06 4:00 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I don’t think that’ll work. That sounds like a file that ActiveSync uses.

Try renaming it to palmgb.exe
So basically naming it from palmgb.exe_sh3 to palmgb.exe

I doubt it’ll work but worth a try?
 Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-06 9:18 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Well. It runs OK!, but, misteriously the program won't stop at all, as some say... Even I try to see where to register, but it looks like if it's not necessary...

Edited by ABBADON 2024-03-06 9:19 PM
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-06 9:22 PM
#
H/PC Elite

What do you mean "wont stop". ? I have had no issues with PalmGB so far. I double click a .rom file and it opens PalmGB. Set up the controls, mess with the performance setting to find exactly what works for any given game. Done. Only issue i had was the 2 min demo because it needed to be registered. Now that its registered it works perfect. For me anyways

Edited by WallyB110 2024-03-06 9:22 PM
 Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-06 9:37 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

That's what I mean, there's no 2 minute limit... I'm confused... How can I register it, aniway? There's no menu, or option to do so.

Edited by ABBADON 2024-03-06 9:38 PM
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-06 9:51 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hey if its not popping up with the 2 min limit warning, dont worry then :-) Enjoy
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-06 11:08 PM
#
H/PC Elite

ABBADON - 2024-03-06 9:37 PM

That's what I mean, there's no 2 minute limit... I'm confused... How can I register it, aniway? There's no menu, or option to do so.

Let us know if ya find a game that doesnt run and also let us know some of the games you try. :-)
 Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-07 5:44 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

By now all I threw to it ran fine...

I've got an old CD with lots of console Roms,and among them I've selected the ones I like the most and, until now, they worked...

I'll work on a list as soon as I test all of them

Edited by ABBADON 2024-03-07 5:44 AM
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.279 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 9