x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Txt based news sites

1 2 3 4 5 6
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-04 6:39 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

There’s some page somewhere where the developer recommended storing the program in internal memory
I just can’t find that
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-04 6:43 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Also im getting an error when i try to send an email. The error says Initialization of SSL failed. Unknown Protocol. What should i do ?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-04 6:43 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Sorry, let me be clear:

I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong by storing it the way you do

I just mean is I think the developer maybe tests it more for internal storage than for the storage card and that's why the storage card can be wonky - especially if CE puts it to sleep

Again, I'm not a developer, these are just my theories
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-04 6:45 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

WallyB110 - 2024-03-04 11:43 AM

Also im getting an error when i try to send an email. The error says Initialization of SSL failed. Unknown Protocol. What should i do ?

Please send me a picture of all of these settings (BUT BLACK OUT YOUR EMAIL SO PEOPLE CANT SEE)
like it shows in this photo
https://npopuk.org.uk/3.05/images/setacctsmtp.gif

Edited by torch 2024-03-04 6:45 PM
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-04 6:52 PM
#
H/PC Elite

OK I have my SMTP setup like this

Name : GMAIL
Address : My email addy
SMTP: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 465

SSL is on.

Now theres options for SMTP Auth.
Pop before SMTP

In the SMTP if i click the box to turn it on, and go to setup.

I have Auth type
CRAM-MD5
Login
Plain

Then theres a box for use POP3 option.
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-04 6:54 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I got it !

OK the authorization type in SMTP setup needs to be PLAIN. Dont click the use POP3 option. And use your email addy and the app password.

This works now :-)

Thanks for your help
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2024-03-04 10:06 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

sure happy to see you work out these details, hope to follow in your footsteps... on a MobilePro 800now with its 800x600 screen. Took me a while to get the browser to work with WRP so I can write this... Pleased to find you are working on similar issues of getting online WallyB110 and Torch!

Edited by joval 2024-03-04 10:12 PM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-04 10:20 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

If you need help getting nPOPuk working, let me know
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2024-03-04 10:33 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

torch - 2024-02-21 6:19 PM

WallyB110 - 2024-02-21 3:52 PM

Its weird. I cant load the sites if i type the address in. But if i search thru frogfind and search for the address and then click it, it loads. Haha. Its funny how wacky this setup is on the net. But if i type Poandpo.com and press enter, it wont load. I search for it on FF and it works... But im just happy i have found the sites i have so far. I am bookmarking a lot of these on the unit so i can just click thru my favs and itll load.

Wish 68k news worked, i swear it use to work....

Im hoping that email program that was mentioned a few posts ago works with gmail. :-) Id be very content with getting txt based news and my email on this unit to work.

It sounds to me that the browser is picky about the link format. Try typing the full www. First and if that doesn’t work try the full http://www. then
..........................................................Torch....thanks for the http://WWW suggestion.... The browser on the MP800 failed to make frogfind.com searches or links work until I added the www prefix... I'm not certain which version of PIE this is, maybe 3.0??
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-04 10:38 PM
#
H/PC Elite

^ also try out

theoldnet.com

For my 680e i need to use:

theoldnet.com/lite.

This is an awesome tool for these older devices.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-04 10:39 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Correct, it's version 3.0
 Top of the page
joval Page Icon Posted 2024-03-04 10:41 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

torch - 2024-02-21 8:22 PM

Oh since it’s a proxy server don’t do anything that uses a login because it’s no longer protected - meaning secure. They can technically pull up any information so nothing sent is secure any longer.
So for news or anything read only it’s fine but nothing else
.......................................................Given the enjoyment of posting messages on the HPC:Factor that's a risk I'll accept.... I doubt anyone is gonna sift through the WRP proxy server for such login info, different story with mission critical logins. Boy, this is great and so much easier than the Devusn linex to VNC/RasPi workaround IMO. I'm using a kingston pcmcia ethernet card with the $29...$20 Pix-Link ethernet to WPA2 wif adapter, not much bigger than a thumb drive, working well on the MP800 which has the same dreamy keyboard as the MP900c but in addition the nice big 800x600 display screen. And it has a USB slot in the back that the ethernet-to-wifi adapter plugs into for power! Sweet... this baby has been hibernating for years in my man-cave cabinet... now unlocked, unchained, uncaged!.
.OTE]...

Edited by joval 2024-03-04 11:21 PM
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5 6
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 8