x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-04 5:35 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

ABBADON - 2024-03-04 10:29 AM

WallyB110 - 2024-02-23 8:27 PM

^ Yes. As i said i got the program to finally open and then it comes up with the loading screen and then says cant find IWAD. THis is the only version that has even opened or gotten this far on the 680e.

What version?, what did you do to make it run?, did you install any additional software?, can you provide a download link?

https://web.archive.org/web/20090212150133/http://home.freeuk.com/gamefreaks/pql/hpc_doom.htm

Download for sh3
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-04 6:09 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Here i did a video showing the email client and doom running.

DOOm and Email Client video
https://youtu.be/sVaGbPqWZBo

Also i downloaded the full version Doom .wad file and now i have more than just the shareware version.

The email client has been locking up upon exiting but i figured out what was going on. Now it doesnt lock up. Ya gotta wait for it to be 100% done downloading ANY mail and then exit the program. If you try exiting in the middle of it downloading new mail, it tends to lock the unit up. Just a heads up. nPOPuk is amazing piece of software.

Make sure if your a gmail user that you turn on POP and dual authorization. You will be given an APP password. Use this password instead of your usual password on the palmtop. Also in a lot of places i looked they said the servers were pop.google.com and smtp.google.com. NO! They are not. The servers are pop.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com. Make sure you turn off the option for APOP in the client. Done.

With Doom it has to be in a folder called hpc doom. This folder cannot be buried in other folders. Make sure the .wad file is in the SAME folder as the other Doom files. Also make sure you have program memory at least at 12mb. This is where that ram/rom module upgrade came in handy. Instead of dealing with just 16mb to split between program and storage, i have 32mb. I would highly reccomend buying from usedhandhelds.com a motherboard for a 690 with the rom/ram module and upgrading to 32mb. $35 to do this and about 5 mins of your time. BUT you have to do a FULL reset, so make sure you have everything backed up. Luckily HP has a backup utility on the unit. I did that and saved the backup file to my CF card.

Edited by WallyB110 2024-03-04 6:12 PM
 Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-04 6:13 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks!!! It works!!!, but can't find IWAD... Hahaha!!! Oh man. I'm happy it shows the loading screen though. I am using the original wads I have backuped since it's release in 1993 (I bought all Dooms second hand, pity I lost all those CDs when I changed my home)

Edited by ABBADON 2024-03-04 6:17 PM
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-04 6:16 PM
#
H/PC Elite

download the .wad file online. Make sure that its in the hpc doom folder. This folder cannot be buried in other folders. It has to be \hpc doom. I had mine buried in a few folders and thats why it was NOT working. Make sure you set program memory to 12mb.
 Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-04 6:43 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Oh, man. Thanks, it works!!
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-04 11:45 PM
#
H/PC Elite

^ Remember that you can download the full version .wad file. Just replace the one you have and rename the full version one, what the old one was named. Restart the game and there ya go. ;-)
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 8