x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Anyone got Registered Version Pocket-On-Schedule Working on CE 4.x??

1 2
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2005-08-15 2:39 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Going nuts here...hope someone can advise......

Still trying to figure out why I am having so much trouble installing registered version of Pocket-On-Schedulev6 (POS) on my Sig3....

I had NO problem installing and using the demo version (HPC2000)....but since I
bought POS, I haven't been able able to install registered version and use it... ;-(

Odyssey tech guy has tried to be helpful, but it's very slooowww
process by email..(they never answer the phone when I call, just get
voicemail...)...

Meanwhile, decided to try again today...

Tried installing the various versions of POS (HPC2000, WinCE...) both as is and hexedited... to see if one would work OK...

Now, I get the following message, does not matter what version of POS
I try to install:

LoadLibrary ("windows\adoce31.dll" failed
GetLastError returns 000000C1

I do have 'adoce31.dll in the 'windows' directory....
Should I remove it?

Or should I reinstall it? If so, where do you get it??

Meanwhile, I have successfully installed and using several other
programs on my Sig3 the past few days...

Anyone with a WinCE 4.x device actually successfully installed the registered version POS v6????

If so, which version CAB file did you use??
HPC2K ?
WCE400 ?
WCE400I ?
WCE400T ?

Any suggestions???

Thanks for any help!

Mark
 Top of the page
Guyturf Page Icon Posted 2005-08-15 7:37 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

check Rich's HPCNEC site and look for the extra files that are needed on ce.net for running pocket onschedule... it's worth a shot anyways... they made it work in the demo version for me

I know, you had that working, but perhaps those extra dlls are needed for the registered version.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-15 8:34 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ArchiMark - 2005-08-15 8:39 PM

HPC2K ?
WCE400 ?
WCE400I ?
WCE400T ?

maybe 400T should be the best, i read in the yahoo group that ARMV4T is for the sig3.. ?

can you compare the demo and registered versions? the cab files. are they much different?
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2005-08-15 9:33 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Thanks for the tip, Guyturf!...will check out Rich's site...

Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2005-08-15 9:37 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Tried ARMV4T CAB file a few times; as is and hexedited...no go...

According to Odyssey tech guy, CAB files are very similar, registered version does contain an extra file that regarding registration...

Someone else just suggested what I was thinking about this afternoon...which is to 'bite the bullet' and do a 'hard reset' of Sig3 to get it back to original state and then retry....think I'll probably do that....

cmonex - 2005-08-15 5:34 PM

HPC2K ?
WCE400 ?
WCE400I ?
WCE400T ?

maybe 400T should be the best, i read in the yahoo group that ARMV4T is for the sig3.. ?

can you compare the demo and registered versions? the cab files. are they much different?
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2005-08-15 9:38 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Thanks, cmonex....like your new graphic btw...

Tried ARMV4T CAB file a few times; as is and hexedited...no go...

According to Odyssey tech guy, CAB files are very similar, registered version does contain an extra file that regarding registration...

Someone else just suggested what I was thinking about this afternoon...which is to 'bite the bullet' and do a 'hard reset' of Sig3 to get it back to original state and then retry....think I'll probably do that....

cmonex - 2005-08-15 5:34 PM

HPC2K ?
WCE400 ?
WCE400I ?
WCE400T ?

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-15 9:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

no go? how do you mean, it would not install?

i encountered only one program so far that would not install.. i just copied the installed stuff from my jornada 728... and that worked (a keyboard localization software.. now i can type my hungarian characters on the sig3.. )

hard reset? don't forget to backup!!

hm.. about Rich's drivers.. we already have htmlview in ROM but i think that version is different on Rich's site, it's really worth a try.

i'm glad you like the graphics, it's not my merit though (but C:Amie's)
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2005-08-15 10:59 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

By 'no go' I mean that when I double clicked on CAB file an install window opened for a few seconds and then disappeared....

BTW, haven't figured out how to do hard reset with Sig3...

Do you know how to do it??

I assumed that you removed battery for a while and then put it back and turn it on again. But that didn't do it...or do I need to leave battery out for a few hours??

Thanks!

cmonex - 2005-08-15 6:52 PM

no go? how do you mean, it would not install?

i encountered only one program so far that would not install.. i just copied the installed stuff from my jornada 728... and that worked (a keyboard localization software.. now i can type my hungarian characters on the sig3.. )

hard reset? don't forget to backup!!

hm.. about Rich's drivers.. we already have htmlview in ROM but i think that version is different on Rich's site, it's really worth a try.

i'm glad you like the graphics, it's not my merit though (but C:Amie's)
 Top of the page
Juergen Page Icon Posted 2005-08-16 2:29 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

ArchiMark - 2005-08-15 4:59 AM

BTW, haven't figured out how to do hard reset with Sig3...

Remove the main battery. At the inside of the shell covered by the battery you'll find a small square hole (usually there's a silver label placed besides it). Take some pencil or your sig3's stylus and press the hardreset switch in this hole. Good luck
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-16 8:46 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

ahah, it was so difficult for me to find that hole. it is really small. and the stylus doesn't really fit into it (it's not the original stylus, maybe that's the reason or i really should have tried harder).
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-08-16 12:47 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Juergen - 2005-08-15 11:29 PM
Take some pencil or your sig3's stylus and press the hardreset switch in this hole.

NO PENCILS IN THE LAB!
Amazing how spanking enforcing a rule can burn something into your brain... Anyway, the reason is that pencils work by leaving lead powder behind, and lead conducts electricity, so it's HELL for electronics, especially the digital kind.

And some of you might know, some hackers people actually use pencils to close circuits on boards and chips on purpose. Not recommended.
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2005-08-16 1:43 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Thanks Juergen and takwu for your advice!

I did the hard reset (with my stylus tip... ) and now get to reconvert
my S3 to English again!!..

Should be faster second time around....

Hopefully, it will be worth it if I can get POS installed properly......
 Top of the page
Juergen Page Icon Posted 2005-08-16 4:13 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

takwu - 2005-08-15 6:47 PM

Juergen - 2005-08-15 11:29 PM
Take some pencil or your sig3's stylus and press the hardreset switch in this hole.

NO PENCILS IN THE LAB!

Now I understand why my sig3 is that fast...

Of course you're right, takwu. I have an old Duron here flying around with quite a lot of pencil painting on it .

Concerning hardreset on sig3: If anybody's interested, we have built a little EXE which does all the registry translation stuff on sig3 by a single stylus tap. Unfortunately we've focused our efforts on language conversion for German users, so you would get a German sig3's registry instead of a Japanese. If anybody would like to edit sources and compile an English version...? Using this tool and with a well sorted archive of EXE's and DLL's at hand to replace the Japanese files, converting a sig3 is done in less than two minutes .
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-16 4:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Juergen - 2005-08-16 10:13 PM

Concerning hardreset on sig3: If anybody's interested, we have built a little EXE which does all the registry translation stuff on sig3 by a single stylus tap. Unfortunately we've focused our efforts on language conversion for German users, so you would get a German sig3's registry instead of a Japanese. If anybody would like to edit sources and compile an English version...? Using this tool and with a well sorted archive of EXE's and DLL's at hand to replace the Japanese files, converting a sig3 is done in less than two minutes .

i'm interested. can you send it to me to contactchan (at) freemail.hu ?

i'm willing to try and make the english version. but german could suit me as well not the language itself but the regional settings for example.

oh and i've got a couple of questions about the sig3 if i can bother you with them

thanks!
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2005-08-16 11:44 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

UPDATE:

After doing the hard reset and then doing the reconversion to English this afternoon (could have really used an EXE from you Juergen or cmonex... )....I started to reinstall all my apps one by one, still have a few more to go...but so far things are going very good!

The registered version of Pocket-On-Schedule v6 finally installed without problem!! So think that the problem had to do with modified 'dll' file(s)....

Feeling much better now!....

Thanks again for everyone's help!
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 52 - Executed queries : 30