x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NASCAR anyone?

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-08-15 3:36 PM
#
H/PC Elder

F1 may rule technologically but for sheer excitement Nascar is the sport. 43 cars that weigh 3500lbs travelling inches from each other at 200mph! Outstanding. Different winners most times, hard to predict outcomes, spectacular crashes. Nascar has it all. So...

Smoke can't be stopped, the boy is on a roll. Hail the new road king of Nascar.
I was so sad when JG cut a tire hot on the heels of Smoke. It would have been such a geat duel, the best road racers head to head.

So off to Michigan then, a fav superspeedway of mine. I predict JG will be a threat, if not the winner. That boy hates to lose. He'll make the chase IMO, but just.

FWIW JG isn't my fav, but I like his style these days. His acting in some of the commercials for Nascar and sponsors is great! He's a natural ham. The Herbie movie showed that.

For the first time in many years I'm stoked about both F1 and Nascar. They are both too close to call now.

related: I hate resrtictor plate events. Nascar should ditch the plates and regulate the rear end gear ratio to keep the speeds about 200mph. Let the cars have all 800hp to get to speed and do some passing. Enough of this pack madness. As the engine rpms climb Nascar can keep upping the ratio to regulate the speeds.

Trivia:
Does anyone remember the days when Nascar allowed 305 and 42x motors in the same races? The Superbird/Daytonas could run the superspeedways only if they used the smaller motor. Everyone else used the 42x engines.

Edited by wallythacker 2005-08-15 3:52 PM
 Top of the page
exscentric Page Icon Posted 2005-08-16 9:39 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

YA, RIGHT. NASCAR THE FAMILY SPORT, THE FANS ARE THE KEY and all that rot they keep spewing while they move all their races to cable where poor families can't watch them.

Sounds typical of corporate America!

Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-08-16 11:38 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

It's crazy, I never liked racing until there was no other sports on TV. Now NASCAR doesn’t sound so bad. Please let football start soon. I watched the Texan's Vs Broncos game the other day and feel a slight relief, though I am waiting for UT to win the championship this year. I love football.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9