x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Any list of games that work with HP Jornada 680?

1 2 3
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 8:57 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi.

I managed to transfer a bunch of games to my Jornada (I'll made an article for newbs like me soon) some of them in form of cabs, and some exe files that were supposedly to work under CE Windows and a SH3 CPU. Tried all of them launched from the very CF card, desktop, system folder, installed the required dlls, prayed...

None worked...

Is there any game that work without the need of you being a rocket scientist to make it run?
Like those copy-paste old ones...

And some DOOM port that works... (I've tested all available).

BTW... I still cannot download from. HPCfactor, and spent hours finding files in Google (wayback, the archive...) since the last 5 days, so any external link will be much appreciated.

Edited by ABBADON 2024-03-03 8:57 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 11:55 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Enable the device compatibility filter in the SCL via https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/categories.asp
It isn't perfect, but it works more often than not.

The fastest way to get access to downloads is to become a bronze subscriber, else you'll have to wait for gain enough reputation.
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 12:08 PM
#
H/PC Elite

ABBADON - 2024-03-03 8:57 AM

Hi.

I managed to transfer a bunch of games to my Jornada (I'll made an article for newbs like me soon) some of them in form of cabs, and some exe files that were supposedly to work under CE Windows and a SH3 CPU. Tried all of them launched from the very CF card, desktop, system folder, installed the required dlls, prayed...

None worked...

Is there any game that work without the need of you being a rocket scientist to make it run?

BTW... I still cannot download from. HPCfactor, and spent hours finding files in Google (wayback, the archive...) since the last 5 days, so any external link will be much appreciated.

What games have you gotten working on yours ? Im having some issues with certain games. Like Doom. Curious if you have tried this game for example out with luck. :-) If so please let us know how ya did it. :-)

Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 3:33 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

C:Amie - 2024-03-03 11:55 AM

Enable the device compatibility filter in the SCL via https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/categories.asp
It isn't perfect, but it works more often than not.

The fastest way to get access to downloads is to become a bronze subscriber, else you'll have to wait for gain enough reputation.

I'll work hard to earn reputation, doing my contribution in the form of articles. until then, I'll wait to be one of the club
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 3:39 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

ABBADON - 2024-03-03 1:57 AM

Go here
https://scummvm.org/downloads/#legacy
Download “0.7.1 Handheld PC SH3 binary”
Consult this guide , looking for green for which games to try that are compatible
https://www.scummvm.org/en/compatibility/0.7.1/

And you can download some of the games here
https://www.scummvm.org/games/

Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 3:48 PM
#
H/PC Elite

torch - 2024-03-03 3:39 PM

ABBADON - 2024-03-03 1:57 AM

Go here
https://scummvm.org/downloads/#legacy
Download “0.7.1 Handheld PC SH3 binary”
Consult this guide , looking for green for which games to try that are compatible
https://www.scummvm.org/en/compatibility/0.7.1/

And you can download some of the games here
https://www.scummvm.org/games/

^ This. But make sure you get the older version, the newer 1.7 doesnt work on the 680. I tried. But old version works fine. :-)
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 3:55 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Which version was that so ABBADON knows?
 Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 3:55 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

WallyB110 - 2024-03-03 12:08 PM

Hi.

None worked...

What games have you gotten working on yours ? Im having some issues with certain games. Like Doom. Curious if you have tried this game for example out with luck. :-) If so please let us know how ya did it. :-)

I tried DOOMCE3SH3 and keep telling me "it's not a windows ce application", the same for PGBSetup... I mean, I cannot even install it...
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 3:57 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

ABBADON - 2024-03-03 8:55 AM

Hi.

None worked...

I tried DOOMCE3SH3 and keep telling me "it's not a windows ce application", the same for PGBSetup... I mean, I cannot even install it...

Try extracting those files with 7zip. They sound like host installers (meaning not cabs)
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 4:04 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I had the same issue with Doom, i had the wrong version. I now have the right version and it goes to load but says it cant find the iwad.wad file.

The gameboy emulator is the same thing, gotta get the right version. Sad part is its only a 2min demo and i have had ZERO luck contacting the maker of it to buy the unlock code for it. :-(

Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 4:10 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

torch - 2024-03-03 3:57 PM

ABBADON - 2024-03-03 8:55 AM

Hi.

None worked...

Try extracting those files with 7zip. They sound like host installers (meaning not cabs)

Will do it!! And... Those files contain nothing but files named:
. data
. pdata
. rdata
. text

Edited by ABBADON 2024-03-03 4:15 PM
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 4:11 PM
#
H/PC Elite

^ Yeah make sure you get .cab files so you can install the programs/software from your palmtop itself rather than needing to have it hooked up to a PC.
 Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 4:16 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

In fact, I tried to use sync with no luck at all...
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 4:18 PM
#
H/PC Elite

ABBADON - 2024-03-03 4:16 PM

Have to have a Computer with XP on it. I have had NO luck getting my 680e or 690 to connect to computers with any newer OS.

If you watch my video in one of the other threads i show the laptop i found to use to do this.

Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 4:19 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

For ScummVM you can download older versions here.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/scummvm/files/scummvm/
I’d probably try 0.7.1 and keep going backwards until you find one that works.

So:
Then
0.6.1b

ABBADON - 2024-03-03 9:16 AM

For sync you have to have a machine running Windows 95,98,2000,ME, or XP or you could use a virtual machine.

Then you’d install ActiveSync 3.8 from here
https://junipersys.com/support/article/1284

You can sync with a serial cable or infrared. Do you have any of those ?
https://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/200121/guide_to_synchronising_windows_ce_over_infrared/
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8