x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Any list of games that work with HP Jornada 680?

1 2 3
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 10:09 PM
#
H/PC Elite

ABBADON - 2024-03-03 9:57 PM

Ha ha!! Thanks , you're so kind nd The cable is the original from my 360 LX, and, so far, it's still OK and works, sorry, I did say "cable" when I want to say "adaptor", sorry... but... What's the brand of your USB to 232 adapter? Probably mine is so cheap that it will cause trouble...

HAHA! Mine was literally $4 shipped from China. I had trouble even finding a driver for it ! Mine has NO name on it. But the model # is PS810-105B.

One thing i can say is i had to try 4 different drivers before i found one that worked. Check to make sure there isnt something show a yellow exclamation mark in the HW. Mine seemed like it installed the drivers correctly but then id check here and itd still have USB device that was NOT installed. So you may want to try some different drivers.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-04 4:02 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

ABBADON - 2024-03-03 2:30 PM

1. Tried. No luck.
2. Gamefox model 2253 USB2. 0 a RS232 RS 232 DB9
3. Yes. WINXP SP3
4. Rebooted 10 times before writing this reply :/

Could it be the USB of the netbook the culprit?, Probably it's Usb 1.0 and so it fails...

Or is the cable... China brand, you know.
If yours work, then probably I should try the same brand...

Can you please send me the link for the same exact cable you have where you bought it from - the game fox

Also try this:
To find the list of hardware IDs for a given device, follow these steps:
Open Device Manager.
Find the device in the tree.
Right-select the device and select Properties.
Select the Details tab.
In the Property drop-down, select Hardware Ids or Compatible Ids.

Let me know what the hardware ID shows

Also: if you’re in Madrid Spain , I’ll be there in a few weeks. I can bring my usb serial adapter that works if we can’t figure this out with your existing adapter

Edited by torch 2024-03-04 4:05 AM
 Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-04 7:29 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I will try another drivers as you say, WallyB110, because (probably) the ones included in the installation CD are not so good.

And, don't you worry, Torch, I'm sure that all troubles are caused by me, in some of the steps during installation or similar. The cable works, but making the adapter be recognized was what cost me the most until it appeared as COM, so I think there's the problem.

I'll check the HW ID as soon as I return from work today

Aniway, if you come to Madrid, don't forget to visit Cáceres, it's a bit far from Madrid (187 miles), I'm sure you'll fall in love with this city...

Edited by ABBADON 2024-03-04 7:37 AM
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-04 9:27 PM
#
H/PC Elite

So far ive experimented with a bunch of games pre 1992 in PocketDOS running ver 6.22. Overall this imho is the way to go if ya want to play games. Just remember at the command prompt type in SETSCRN DSA ON and press enter before you run the games. I am still waiting on the unlock key for OpenDOS tho. Hoping to hear back from him soon as the demo pause thingy is driving me mad. I like having the ability to just load a CF card with games (disk images) and emulate the CF as a floppy drive and quickly load games. Def look into this as the games for CE are limited and its been so long that getting in touch with some of the people who made these programs is impossible. So if you find a game you like and want the full version, good luck.

Just my 2 cents
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-04 9:59 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Honestly, the easiest would be looking up "HP 200LX" for DOS games and seeing what's there. I'm sure a lot would work well

Edited by torch 2024-03-04 9:59 PM
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-04 10:01 PM
#
H/PC Elite

^ AHA! This is a grand idea :-) Thank you ;-)
 Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-05 7:31 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi.

Here's the device ID.

USB SERIAL CONVERTER

USB\VID_0403&PID_6001\FTB6SPL3

Sorry for the delay
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum: