x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

The HPCPalmtop planet - Chapter 4: I'm Doomed

ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-04 9:51 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Yes...

Chapter 4...

If George Lucas can start with Chapter 6, why shouldn't I? 'Cos I worth it

Well, I'll not spoil the forthcoming Chapter 3, so I will tell you how I finally managed to make Doom run in my HP Jornada 680.

Of course, in this adventure, I did have a lot of help from two dwellers of this planet: a guy that lives between two vast regions (and can speak my mother language), and other guy that, in my childhood, was believed to be an expert in camouflage, but I think what he really is his 110 iteration.

Call me crazy, Torch and WallyB110.

After days of wandering here and there, lloking for the book of Doom, and gather almost 10 variants for its core to read and understand, found that none of them worked. I feared that the JORNADA won't be able to extract the knowledge I want to achieve in this trip I'm in.

I saw this two guys' silhouettes in the far hills, watching me struggle, sending me signals that I could not understand, until one day they come to help me. I thought that a well deserved salad of slaps will come for my goofiness, but, instead, that's what the one called WallyB110 told me...

-Well, extranger, that's what you need to do in order to get the Doom book of Doom be understood by that device of your...
-Jornada 680, sir.
-Whatever... LISTEN Well!!

1. Grab the tome of DOOM from here...
Temple of the old stuff
2. Place it in your main storage... But WARNING!!! The folder should be called... "hpc doom" , not "HPC DOOM"
-OK... Let me write all that down... "Grab the book...", then "put it into the storage..."
-No Capitals!!!
-Ok, ok... "No capitals", is that all?
-Yes. We'll wait here and check if you follow our advice...

Noding my head humblingly I went then to the J680, and (almost) did what WallyB110 says...

And...

A bit more than embarrassed, I returned to the wise men and WallyB110, making a serious effort to not slapping me, said...

-You did read the txt file on which it's advised to use the use a CF storage, right?
-Yes, but... I thought...
SLAP!!
-Use root storage!!
-No capitals?
-Look that I slap you again...

I, humblingly nodding again, returned and put things where it should go...

And...

Something started to move, and...

I returned again to the wise men that, not so confident of my capabilities, were looking for a pole to teach me how to do things. They threw them when I yelled...

-It works!!!
-Well done, but - coughed the wise man whose name was Torch -, we saw you in trouble with the cables of your.... Ship...
-OH, yes. Well, I took it and place it in the ship, and then directly in the...

Torch grabbed the pole again while Wally facepalmed...

See you again in...

HPCPalmtop planet - Chapter 5: Installing stuff... Because I have spare space...

Edited by ABBADON 2024-03-04 9:57 PM
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-04 10:00 PM
#
H/PC Elite

^ Im glad were all working together, it always helps when ya got a team of people trying to solve a problem rather than being all by yourself and driving yourself mad at that. :-)

Glad i could help ! :-) I look forward to more posts on here.
 Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-05 7:48 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Haha. I like sci-fi novels, probably I'll continue with this way of writing articles. It's fun. ??
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8