x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Rambling about moving across Europe

Karpour Page Icon Posted 2024-03-20 8:22 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

First of all, I'm happy to see so much activity on the forum! I'm not every available these days, as I'm in the middle of a move from Amsterdam to Vienna.

I thought packing would take a few days. 2 weeks later I feel very burned out and we still didn't even put everything in boxes. At least my collection of handhelds fit in 2 neat boxes
(Too bad I'm also into UNIX workstations, specifically SGI ones are made of brittle plastic that will turn into dust when you look at it the wrong way)

Oh I also quit my web-dev job, which held me back from pursuing things I want to do much more! Doing art, making sculptures, building mascot costumes, archiving CE software, making YouTube videos someday about making art on old computers, etc.

We'll be renting a studio space which will be used by me and my girlfriend (who draws comics for Disney) for all kinds of creative things. And the best thing: For both the apartment and the art studio we pay half as much rent as just for an apartment in Amsterdam!

Anyway, the light at the end of the tunnel is near, and soon I will be more available here!
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2024-03-20 8:38 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Whether you're occasional or full-time, we're glad to have you here.

Best of luck with the rest of the move,
Jake
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-03-20 9:00 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Very cool, escaping the rat race and looking after yourself is no bad thing, good on you and good luck with the move.

We look forward to photos! I've not beein the Vienna since the 90's.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8