x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

An outstanding issue

1 2 3
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2024-05-03 12:20 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2024-05-02 9:13 PM

If you disabled its I/O and IRQ lines, it can't be touching the on board header.

Can you confirm/ screenshot the resources tabs in the device manager listings for the IR hardware? That will confirm it.

In Infrared device, I was only able to get the ATC-IR220L device to appear
In COM ports, strangely, the communication port COM 1 is now seen as COM 2.
under network adapter it now appears (generic COM port or adapter for infrared support). Obviously with a yellow exclamation mark. So it doesn't work.
In the Infrared Monitor there is always the usual error 45.

Important update!
I connected the device to my Toshiba with Windows 2000, I just installed the drivers and... it works without problems.
From device management I have two infrareds and they do not conflict.

As you can see the light is on and is communicating with the handheld.

Excuse the word... Fuck! I'll even make it work on my IBM!!

Edited by NarakuITA 2024-05-03 1:24 AM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-05-03 5:06 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Okay, I had some ideas I found, but please hit me if you've already tried -
Idea #1:
Source: https://www.sony-asia.com/electronics/support/articles/S500007197
There is an Infrared icon on the Windows 98 taskbar. When you right-click the icon to open up a menu and select the [Enable infrared communication] check box, the following message "Error 45: Your infrared software has encountered an internal error. Check the infrared device's software configuration under Network Properties. If it is an external or installable device, check the connection. Then restart Windows." appears on Infrared Monitor and the infrared communication cannot be performed. This message does not appear if you select [Enable infrared communication] on Infrared Monitor.

[Reproduction Procedure]
1) Start Windows 98.
2) Disable the infrared communication (The default setting for Windows 98 is "Disable".
3) Right-click the Infrared icon on the taskbar to open up a menu. Select the [Enable infrared communication] check box.
4) When [Infrared Monitor] in [Control Panel] is selected, the Error 45 message appears.

To enable the infrared today, select [Infrared Monitor] in [Control Panel] or start the Infrared Monitor dialog by clicking [Open] on the right-click menu of the Infrared icon on the taskbar. Make sure the [Enable the infrared (E)] check box on the [Options] tab is selected. When the check box is selected, and the [Apply (A)] button is dimmed and cannot be selected, clear the check box with the [Restore Defaults value (D)] button and select it again. The [Apply (A)] button can be clicked now. Clicking the [Apply (A)] button enables the infrared.

[Remarks]
In Windows 98, the infrared is disabled as the factory default setting.

Idea #2:
Source: https://www.forbes.com/forbes/1999/0614/6312210s1.html?sh=26ee4dbb5755
The first trick is turning on (geekspeak: "enabling" the IR port in a two-step process: First you use software specific to the computer. Then you click on the infrared icon in the Control Panel. Sometimes you see this little gem of discouragement: "Error 45: Your infrared software has encountered an internal error. Check the infrared device's software configuration under Network Properties. If it is an external or installable device, check the connection. Then restart Windows."

Rarely is that necessary. Usually all you have to do is click "OK," uncheck "enable infrared communication" and check it again. After you click "OK" once more, a little beam icon should appear near the right side of the task bar. With that icon appearing on both machines, you line up both ports and make sure the icons change to reflect two-way transmission.

Then you select the files you want to transmit, right-click, select "send to" and "infrared recipient." The bits fly across the ether and end up in a folder called "my received files." Once you get the hang of it, it's easier than it sounds.

So how come help for this is as invisible as infrared light?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-05-03 9:20 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Can you actually go into the properties of each of the IR/faulted items, I want to see the information on the resources tab for each.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2024-05-03 10:08 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

So as for torch's advice, I'd say it didn't work.
This is the only error that appears with the generic COM device, the one you made me change the drivers. For infrared there are no problems, it states that it works correctly.
However the Infrared Monitor generates error 45.

Unable to find free Interrupt Level (IRQ) resources for use (code 12).
You must disable the device that uses the required resources. To do this, click Hardware Troubleshooter and follow the instructions.

Interrupt level used by:
Communication port (COM2)
Input/output level 02F8 - 02FF used by:
Communication port (COM2)

Edited by NarakuITA 2024-05-03 10:09 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-05-03 10:34 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Okay, so it is saying that there is still an active COM2 port that is using the I/O lines.

Try uninstalling COm2 in device manager and reboot see if it comes back and or clears the error. If it does not, go back to the BIOS and play with the I/O IRQ assignments for COM1 reboot until you can find a free resource allocation.

Also look around the BIOS in other areas to see if you can find anything else to disable that onboard IR header.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2024-05-03 11:52 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Yes, I disabled COM port 2 and the error disappeared, however as COM was not active the program to synchronize the PC with the Palm gave an error.
Ultimately even this did not solve the problem.
The BOIS does not have many options, only in that section does it offer infrared options.
Quite strange.... I can't understand something like that...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-05-04 7:20 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Try changing the I/O and IRQ's.

You'll have to change the port configurations on the IR applet and software.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2024-05-04 11:28 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Operation completed successfully. No conflicts, everything works normally, however the infrared device persists in not wanting to work.

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-05-04 11:38 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you hold your phone camera up to the IR now, can you see the IR lamp blinking?

If you fire a TV remote at the IR lamp, does windows report a signal error?

Is the control panel Infrared applet definitely on the correct COM port binding now? Same with hotsync
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2024-05-04 2:11 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Regarding the integrated infrared control program of Windows 98 there is no way to decide which COM port to use, like that of Windows 95. Instead hotsync is connected to the virtual COM port as described in the manual. I also tried using the actual COM. The Palm tries to connect, but the device won't turn on. The light remains off. Maybe I'll give it a try. I recover the CF with Windows 2000 and let's see what happens with him on the IBM.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 51 - Executed queries : 25