x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-08-15 7:15 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I have never had or read about this oddity before. Today, I noticed at a library that my NEC790 has a strange semi-bubble under the top screen skin. I have seen something exactly like it develop under PDA screen protectors and all I had to do to get rid of them is lift off the protector, wipe the screen & leave the protector off 30 minutes or less. I assume I was exposing and drying off moisture.

Anyone have the screen itself develop a moisture laver across an inch or so of skin? I did have it in a "case" I made of bubble wrap in a leather pouch for a few hours and it was hot and humid here today. Hopefully, it will dry out?

My refurbished 790 came with a perfect screen. It and the 790 appeared unused.

---Bruised
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-08-15 9:24 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Ventilation is the key for any gear. I wonder how hot your mp got smothered in bubble wrap and placed somewhere hot?

I'd put it somewhere with normal temperature and ventilation for a day or so. I don't know if anything in your mp could delaminate from heat, but it's a possibility.

Here's hoping things go right for you.
 Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-08-16 11:13 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks Wally,

evidently, it was a temporary moisture issue. I have cut the top of my bubble plastic "case" so it doesn't happen again. I have it in the leather envelope-like pouch my wife made me. The bubble plastic is just for protection so a slit accross the top doesn't matter but it lets the 790 breathe.

I eliminated the moisture bubble by leaving the 790 open for a few hours. Looks good as new. Actually, the thin, long bubble didn't detract from use, yet. I was concerned the screen may be failing in a manner I never heard of. I have 30 days refurbish warranty from Unity Electronics left, so I wanted to insure the screen is O.K. quick.

---Bruised
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 40 - Executed queries : 29