x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Real Magic Hollywood DVD/Plus MPEG-2

NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2024-04-01 11:16 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

I always forgot to ask about this video card. I have two at home and a few months ago I tried to use them, but without success. I removed my ATI RADEON 7000 64MB RAM video card and inserted this card, but when I turned on the PC, the screen was black with the usual three beeps from the video card. I tried them both and both had the same problem. I just tried it and immediately gave up.
But now that they have come to mind, I would once again like to understand if they are actually still working or if they are not compatible with my motherboard.

http://www.digivision.it/docs/hollywoodplus.html

What advice do you give me?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-04-03 7:42 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I was under the impression that a decoder card works in conjunction with the video card simply to enable MPEG2 decoding.

I see this particular decoder card includes video output but I’d assume it’s purely for outputting the particular dvd to tv and not the actual screen of the computer itself?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-04-03 9:11 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Yes, it is a co-processor board, a hardware MPEG2 offload chip that draws directly to an alpha channel inserted into the frame buffer on the first GPU. You connect the current GPU to the VGA-in on the decoder board and the decoder board to the screen.

If you screen shot it during DVD playback, you'll probably get a big pink rectangle where the movie was.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2024-04-08 6:57 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

But I didn't understand if it should be used together with the video card that I already have installed. Because without it, the PC doesn't seem to recognize this video card. I turn on the PC, it emits several beeps and a black screen.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-04-08 8:48 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Yes, it's a companion board. As I said:

C:Amie - 2024-04-03 9:11 PM

You connect the current GPU to the VGA-in on the decoder board and the decoder board to the screen.

It is not a graphics card.
 Top of the page
NarakuITA Page Icon Posted 2024-04-09 7:27 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

OK, then nothing, since I have no slot to insert it.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.148 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9