x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

joncolby Page Icon Posted 2005-08-16 3:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello, My name is jon colby. I have an sl4 and I am noticing that it is almost
impossible to find support for it now days. I have a raid5 file server that is always on the internet and I would love to donate 5 gigs of HDD Space for sl4 rom images and support files. I my self am trying to image my sl4 with a newer version of windows than the one that came with it but I cannot find any rom images anywhere. If you have rom images and would like to share them with me
and others Go ahead and upload them to the server. I know I saw an admin
telling everyone to stop bothering them for files, lets help do that by getting
them in a more accessable location.

Please leave me feedback and input and files if you can.
-Jon

I am registering www.simpadfiles.com
when I get the DNS pointing the right direction, you will be able to use it to get to the files.

for now use an ip address.
ftp://66.14.174.114

username: simpad
password: simpad

I am going to make a web page front end to the files you guys upload so it
will be easy and nice looking for others to get to them.

I dont think I will have a fourm because there seems to be plenty out there already.

just a good file source.

thank you all.

-Jon Colby
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-16 4:11 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

joncolby - 2005-08-16 9:26 PM

I my self am trying to image my sl4 with a newer version of windows than the one that came with it but I cannot find any rom images anywhere.

if you use google.com then you can find them easily.

http://simpad.pdaclub.pl/linki.htm

anyway your idea is very good, i second this
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-08-16 6:49 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It wasn't a question of being bothered by people, I enjoy the contact with users.
The suspension on providing the files arose because of abuse. I ask the community to help me out simply by not hot linking up the files from other sites, and what do you know someone did just that.

It wouldn't have been so bad, only people don't know how to use download managers and some idiot siphoned off oh around 1 gig of bandwidth downloading a 30MB file.
We have 12 gig allocated disk space for this sort of thing... that's the crying shame. They will return to the site eventually, just not immediately.
 Top of the page
joncolby Page Icon Posted 2005-08-18 1:24 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I am still open to donating file server space. I have a very solid server.
I just pointed ftp.simpadfiles.com to my server, so you will soon be able to use
that to login.
I will get a better web based file sharing program for the front end so regular
folks can get to the files easy.

I would sure like to get some files uploaded to the space I provided... as I could use them immeadiatly. I just got my first simpad my self and need to get it up and going.

Is there a way to get ahold of the image for windows ce 4.2 from that guy in Europe ? I dont want to have to mail him my simpad everytime I fiddle around
with changing OS's. Sureley there is a legal way that we can pay him and he can send us a legitimate rom image..

well, great hearing from you all.
lets get some synergy going on here.
Internet tablets (Webpads) are too exciting to not have running right.
we need to show them off to the world.
they have a place in todays world.

-Jon
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9