x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Problem with Pocket Outlook tasks & contacts

PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2005-08-16 4:52 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I purchased a refurbished Aero 8000 HPC Pro about a month ago, and it's developed problems with Tasks in Pocket Outlook. The problems started after I synched the Aero with my desktop PC through its docking port. While it was docked, I made several changes to appointments and tasks in Outlook on my desktop PC; these were transferred to the Aero without a hitch. But later, I was unable to assign a category to items in the Tasks folder on the Aero. First it wouldn't let me select a category, and then the category list refused to open at all. Then, Tasks stopped opening altogether. I can still see existing tasks when I have the calendar in Agenda view, and I can open them by double-clicking, but I can't assign categories, can't create new tasks, and still can't open Tasks directly.

Then today, Contacts wouldn't let me use Business Card view. I can open Contacts and see the full list, but when I double-click on an individual contact I get an empty window.

Anyone have ideas on what is happening, and what I can do to fix it? Thanks.
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2005-08-18 1:04 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Well, Outlook Tasks is back...sort of. After reading the review on CE Agenda I downloaded it last night, and voila, Tasks is working again. There still seems to be an issue with the categories; I can't get to the category list on some tasks. But at least I can create and modify tasks.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-08-18 1:26 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Here's something about tasks FWIW.

I didn't use desktop Outhouse, I'm working on that now, so I used IR to keep sync between a hpc & ppc. It's slow and messy, but

I found I couldn't IR tasks from a ppc to a hpc. Everytime I tried I would corrupt the hpc tasks database. I never figured it out, so I gave up having tasks on my ppc. I entered them all in my hpc and that was that.

Have you or do you own a ppc that gets sycned to your desktop? If you do, then I'm afraid I'm going to have the same problem with tasks you describe. If I update the tasks on my desktop from my ppc then push that data back onto a hpc it may bugger the hpc tasks.
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-08-18 3:12 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

wallythacker

I suspect that your are right about this problem. I remember beaming a couple of Contacts from my H/PC to my P/PC, everything transfered OK except for the categories which where left blank. When I'd try to add a category name to the contact, my PPC would lock up. I ended up having to delete and re-enter the missing Contacts manually.

The same must be true in reverse!
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-08-18 5:31 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Yes John, now you've mentioned it I had beaming problems with contacts as well.
Leave it to MS to mess up such a lttle thing, but a big thing to users.

So far, fingers crossed, using AS to sync beween ppc & hpc is working. Nothing seems to be corrupt so far....
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2005-08-18 6:42 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I actually just sold a ppc (ipaq 3835) that I previously synched with my desktop. AS immediately recognized the Aero when I first synched it and set up a new relationship, so I figured everything would be fine. So this is another case of a previous relationship messing up a current one......sounds like my dating history.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 11