x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Bluetooth CF Compatibility

anakin
anakin Page Icon Posted 2005-08-16 9:09 PM
#
Hi,

I try to use EIO Wave Linker Bluetooth Compact Flash (www.ivmm.com) with Jornada 690. When inserted it does not asking for a driver name and/or unknown card has been inserted. When creating new dial-up profile, card recognized as "BT" device in the modem list.

Can I assume this card is compatible with it? How do I test it? No bluetooth manager software available so that I can't do pair with other Bluetooth equiped device.

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-16 9:36 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

"Any Handheld PC , PDA or Pocket PC with Type I Compact Flash slot"

this looks interesting.... it's not an honest thing to claim that!!

anyway.. have you installed any drivers for the card? looks like you have but there *should* be a bluetooth manager. try to look for it in \Windows folder if it can't be found anywhere else.

hm, i'm still looking at the site. they say this: "Operating Systems Supported: WinCE 3.0 or later".
when you installed the driver didn't it warn you about incompatibility?
 Top of the page
anakin
anakin Page Icon Posted 2005-08-17 12:02 AM
#
I've tried to install the driver from the website, guess what the driver was *successfuly* installed without any incompatibilty warning, and I have "Bluetooth Monitor" icon on my desktop but I can't run it saying there is a missing library to run the "btmon" ....

Strange ...

Edited by anakin 2005-08-17 12:08 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-08-17 7:15 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The driver download on their website states "WinCE 3.0 or Later".
As your device isn't CE3 or later, chances are that is the problem.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-17 8:46 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

anakin - 2005-08-17 6:02 AM

I've tried to install the driver from the website, guess what the driver was *successfuly* installed without any incompatibilty warning, and I have "Bluetooth Monitor" icon on my desktop but I can't run it saying there is a missing library to run the "btmon" ....

Strange ...

not strange at all. it's not designed for ce 2.11...

if it doesn't give incompatibility warnings it just means the installer doesn't check the OS/platform version...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8