x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Serial cable connection between IBM z50 - Ericsson T39

LordAbal Page Icon Posted 2005-08-18 1:41 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi all,

Question:
If I join an Ericsson serial data cable with the IBM z50 serial data cable (at the PC ends), could i connect the z50 to the internet via the T39 phone through this newly obtained cable?

In Remote Networking there is an option to connect with the modem on COM1 (the serial port, no?). What does Hayes mean (Remote networking/Dial-up Connection/Make New Connection/Select a modem:/Hayes Compatible on COM1)?

This would help me (and others, i hope) because while on the road (in a car, train etc) i have trouble keeping the infrared ports alligned (z50's and T39's).

Has this been done before?

Thanx,
Marius

P.S.: I know bluetooth is the optimal solution for this, but right now i don't have one and can't get one [in Romania i haven't found a bluetooth compact flash and i have to buy it online from another country, but i can pay online from Romania only if i use a special credit card which i don't have and even so, the costs of shipping it here would double its price - which is, without shipping, the minimum wage in Romania - 80 euros ]
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-18 2:22 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well this is a possibility i know people who used this method successfully on pocketpc's... but it isn't so easy imo.

hayes compatible on COM1 should do.
(every standard modem knows and uses the so-calledd Hayes commands, AT, etc...)

but i think bluetooth would be much much better. keep an eye on ebay, you can find compatible bluetooth cards for a price substantially less than 80 euros!! i got mine for 34 euros. shipping was around 10... and i live in hungary. (hey, neighbour!)
 Top of the page
LordAbal Page Icon Posted 2005-08-19 7:57 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Say what... e-bay?

What's that? If it doesn't play football... i don't know that... Kidding... I think...

You - neighbour - "is" one step ahead of me... EU and stuff... One small step, but yet so far...

I hope i'll try this soon... hope it'll work...

I was hoping you'd be on the lookout... neighbours and stuff... Knew that...

Seeing u again... on the web...

Yours truly,
Marius

P.S.: Internet GPRS through the IRdA didn't work with the z50 and T39 ... trying serial cable

Edited by LordAbal 2005-08-19 7:59 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-19 9:41 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hello neighbour!

hm... why didn't irda gprs work? what was the error message?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 26