x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Switching out the hinge panel of a Jornada 720 w/ a 680?

Macros746 Page Icon Posted 2005-08-18 6:01 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hello all,
I have a sort of hurting Jornada 680 and a beautiful Jornada 720 EXCEPT...the 720 has a big crack on the part with the 'alert' light. Now examining the two, they seem to be exactly the same part (if slightly different colors). Is there any way to 'cannibalize' the 680 and switch out that part? Or am I taking my life into my hands? Does anyone have any experience taking apart and putting back together Jornadas?

Thanks in advance,
Macros
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-08-18 6:12 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Ask Cmonex, she has so many units she *must* have tried taking one apart, if not for anything but curiousity.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-18 8:56 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well, i have to disappoint you, wally, but i'm hopeless at hardware. it's enough to have killed my first PC (the pentium 1), i'm not trying my non existing skills on a hpc!

however matrixcore has a lot of knowledge about jornada 680's and 720's.
he already confirmed somewhere that they're the same in this respect.
so it's worth a try..
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-08-18 11:42 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Cmonex? She would not ever even take a key off if the keyboard for fear that it would break!
 Top of the page
Macros746 Page Icon Posted 2005-08-20 3:59 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Well, for all that are curious....my operation was mostly a success. I wouldn't say that my 720 is asthetically perfect...but it looks MUCH better than it did. I would say someone who new more about electronics than I could do this perfectly. If anyone has any questions feel free to pm me.

Macros
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10