x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

takwu Page Icon Posted 2004-11-26 10:53 PM
#
H/PC Elder

You don't need PocketDOS, right? I just ran it in the standard "cmd" console.

And yeah you can dir /s there too. Takes quite a while on screen (the file redirect is way faster), but looks cool anyway I'll try to remember to do that, next time I hard reset.
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2004-11-27 12:17 AM
#
Now why when I told dir /s to put the results in the file dir.txt, it took about 3 seconds, but when I had it print to the screen, it took about 2 minutes? (Sounds like a poor console to me, maybe the screen buffer option can help that) Anyways, it was interesting looking at mine because it showed the history of Microsoft updating some dll's in ce 3.0 and not others. If you look most of the main system files were made in 1999, and some were apparently updated for ce 3.0 in 2000. My system hasn't been messed with much yet, there are few files. I also found out from the beginning of the file that my so-called year old 32mb compactflash card was formatted in 1998! (No wonder it was on sale for $12...) I was also surprised to see that HP Dialup was from 199.Oh yeah I also posted my login log just to show everyone the days when I am too tired to remember my password...hehe. But I think this device was hard reset right before I got it, which was (as you can see from the login log) less than a month ago. So this may be useful...

-Once again I wrote down everything I was thinking...
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-11-27 12:28 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Well I bet everyone knows who that last post was from! I accidentally erased the login cookie to do the dir /s with as little new files as possible. (I erased all my temporary internet files) It seems that on my wonderful Jornada 720 that I can not attach files in messages

-EDIT: I should have known that attachments can't be posted when a guest. They do work on my Jornada 720, as they are posted on this message! (ooh big thing for me I can post files with my pda)

Edited by programsynthesiser 2004-11-27 12:34 AM

Attachments
----------------
Attachments dir.txt (58KB - 87 downloads)
Attachments securlog1.txt (13KB - 83 downloads)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-11-27 9:48 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Takwu, yes you do need to use pocket dos

As I said. CMD doesn't list ROM files. PD does. I don't need RAM visible files, I need the ROM ones.

PS, The EULA is a dangerous thing. If you place the DLL's up for matter of fact public distribution with no regard for Microsoft's original intention you could easily find yourself blown out of the water.
I would urge you to let us deal with it. Between us we have a pretty good appreciation of how to get around it while keeping everyone happy.
That's just a friendly request.

This however is an order from the Admiralty.
Please start a new thread to continue this as it's gone way outside dustbowl0407's question.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2004-11-30 2:19 AM
#
H/PC Elder

hmm... OK the listing I posted is missing hidden files. But you can show hidden files with dir /a. It lists everything that Explorer lists (with show hidden files). Doing it in Windows lists over 800 files. Is THAT still missing the files you want?

Of course sharing the actual files would be a no-no. But I guess just comparing the listing wouldn't break any rules, right?

As long as we're talking about comparing files between 728 and 720, I would think it's still on topic
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-11-30 7:27 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The topic moved into extracting files, which isn't on topic. The original questioner didn't ask for a bit by bit analysis of the ROM chip either.

I had a reason why using PD was better than /a, cannot for the life of me remember why now. Guess it'll have to suffice until my brain catches up with me.
 Top of the page
728 user
728 user Page Icon Posted 2004-12-03 10:45 AM
#
Worth it for the VPN ? I cannot get this to work, have you ? Gone PROGRAMS/COMMUNICATIONS/REMOTE NETWORKING chosen Virtual Private Network, then done next and put in the addresse and finish. But double tapping the icon then causes the Jornada to try to dial out (I'm connected to wireless network) there is nowhere to put in password to logon to VPN, I assume I'm missing something obvious ?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-03-24 10:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2004-11-22 6:41 PM

The 728 is a 2002 release, where as the 720 is a 1999 release.

The 728 has 64MB over the 720's 32 MB, a redesigned case, improved drivers, higher HPC2000 build - the 728 has the VPN module. Power management improvments.

There is an overview here:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/reviews/hardware/jornada728/

power management improvements - what's this exactly?

oh and vpn is only dial-up, isn't it?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-03-24 10:40 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

728 user - 2004-12-03 4:45 PM

Worth it for the VPN ? I cannot get this to work, have you ? Gone PROGRAMS/COMMUNICATIONS/REMOTE NETWORKING chosen Virtual Private Network, then done next and put in the addresse and finish. But double tapping the icon then causes the Jornada to try to dial out (I'm connected to wireless network) there is nowhere to put in password to logon to VPN, I assume I'm missing something obvious ?

same with me
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 11