x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

finfin Page Icon Posted 2005-11-23 1:05 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I'm doing something wrong... I think. I have a SIMPad with CE.NET v. 4.10 and I can't get 99% of the things I've installed to run. The processor is a Strong Arm -SA-1110. I downloaded Cmonex's (from his web page) arm dlls and copied the hex edited mfcce and olece as well as the other atlce300.dll, aygshell.dll, Doclist.dll into my windows subdirectory. There was already a iphlpapi.dll file there so I left it the way it was. Do these files have to be installed or just copied? Did I copy them to the wrong place? Do my applications that don't run need to be reinstalled?

Can someone help me?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-23 3:14 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i replied to your PM before i saw this thread.. i'll copy my reply here so that other simpad (or ce.net, etc..) newbies can read it as well!

so...

could you tell me what kind of apps were you trying to run? pocketpc apps? most of them won't really work without a special hexediting for ce.net .... of course many more will not work even with the hexedit.
if the apps are hpc2000 ones, i'm surprised as to why they won't work, please give me the details about which apps these are. also, i suggest you download the MFC redist from the downloads section of this page (download and then developer section), and put the ARM mfcce211, 300, olece211 and 300 into your Windows folder on the simpad. this will help you run a few hpc2000 apps.
(oh, btw, overwrite the mfcce300 downloaded from my site, because that version should not be put into Windows! it should always go to the pocketpc program's folder... or hexedit it)

Top of the page
finfin Page Icon Posted 2005-11-28 8:28 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

The Apps I'm trying to run are called Windows CE apps but I think most of them would be more correctly called PocketPC apps. In particular I have been trying to get a Klondike solitare. I've tried several solitaire collections with no luck. my main use for my SIMPad is as a remote control to replace the growing pile of remotes on my coffee table. I'm using WINCESOFT's RemoteControl II for that and I think it is wonderful.

you said the mfcce300.dll need to be overwritten but I'm not sure I have what it needs to be over written with.

I'm not sure how the files should be edited to try to get them to work. I have heard I need a hex editor, but I'm not sure of what steps need to be performed.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-28 10:42 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

ah. the problem is you're not visiting handheld attitude (i'm sure you can find the link to it, it is on hpcfactor's main page)... if not absolutely necessary, use handheldpc pro and 2000 programs.

i already gave you the site (hpcfactor again) where you can download the hpc version of mfcce300. this should be in windows, not the other mfcce300. read my earlier post again. but i can give you the direct link.. sigh. http://www.hpcfactor.com/developer/
hexediting: not necessary, if you don't want to use two programs at the same time one of which wants to use the ppc version of mfcce, and the other the hpc version of mfcce just put the pocketpc mfcce (which you already downloaded from me) into the pocketpc program's folder.
 Top of the page
finfin Page Icon Posted 2005-11-28 1:54 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I went to handheld attitude and finally got some the page to work once I realized that I may have to open it with WIndows Explorer.

Any Klondike or yukon links appear to be dead.

There was one for cesoft.de that looked like a good Yukon game but they don't seem to exist anymore.

the alexei solitaires collection seems like it would be great... but it just takes me to a site with links to other sites... like a search engine... and those sites are not to OS specific. May be another dead link that someone bought.

I'll keep digging maybe something will turn up.
 Top of the page
finfin Page Icon Posted 2005-11-28 3:07 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I found that if I did a search for the alexeli software instead of following the link, I did much better. I've downloaded one and I'll try to install it tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Köszönöm
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-28 7:01 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

finfin - 2005-11-28 9:07 PM

I found that if I did a search for the alexeli software instead of following the link, I did much better. I've downloaded one and I'll try to install it tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Köszönöm

lol do you know hungarian?
 Top of the page
finfin Page Icon Posted 2005-12-02 3:36 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Igen

I just enjoy learning a new word here and there.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.173 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9